How to Export Contacts from Gmail? (Detailed Guide 2022)
Do you know that nearly 1.5 billion people in the entire world are on Gmail? Suffice to say that the email service has become a necessary part of people’s life. Among the various features it offers for personal and professional work, you can find an option to export contacts as well. You can connect with your contacts and later on export them to either your desktop, iPhone, or Android. But how to export contacts from Gmail? You must know the step-by-step process for doing so.
In this article, you’ll read about the procedure you must adhere to for exporting contacts from Gmail to any other application.
Also Read, Why: Gmail not working
How to Export Contacts from Gmail to Desktop?
It’s easy to export Gmail contacts to the desktop. Here’s the series of steps you must follow.
- Sign in to your Gmail account, and tap the ‘Google App‘ icon.
- Now, choose the ‘Contacts‘ app from the dropdown menu.
- You’ll see the Google Contact Manager Interface opening. Here, you can do the following.
- Individually select contacts by hovering your mouse on the email contacts and tapping the checkbox beside each of them.
- Choose ‘All contacts‘ in your contacts folder via the ‘Selection actions‘ icon.
- After you choose contacts to export from the Contacts folder, tap the ‘More actions‘ icon. After that, tap the ‘Export‘ button.
- You’ll see the pop-up of ‘Export contacts‘ appearing. In it, you can choose if you wish to export
- All selected contacts
- Every email contact from your Google mail’s address book.
- Selected or all contacts from a specific label.
- You can also select the file format for transferring the contacts. There are three options available for the export format.
- The Google CSV format is ideal for importing contacts into a different Google account or for backups.
- Outlook CSV format for importing contacts into MS Outlook as Outlook contacts.
- vCard file, which is good for importing numerous contacts into a CRM or Apple address book.
- Now, tap the ‘Export‘ button for transferring contacts.
Also Read, How to fix when: Gmail is out of space
How to Export Contacts from Gmail on Android?
If you are an Android user, you can export the contacts folder present in a VCF file format through the Google Contacts app. Here are the steps to follow for knowing how to export contacts from Gmail to your Android device.
- Launch the ‘Google Contacts‘ application on the Android phone.
- Navigate to the menu option. It has three horizontal lines.
- Tap ‘Settings‘ and then ‘Export‘ to commence exporting the phone contacts.
- Choose the Gmail account from the point you desire to export your contacts. You can also add an account to export contacts.
- Now click ‘Export to .vcf‘ file. It’ll export the Android contacts in the form of an export file. The name of the file will be ‘contacts.vcf’. You can modify the file name later on.
Also Read, How to: forward AOL mail to Gmail
How to Export Contacts from Gmail on iPhone?
There are two ways to import contacts from Gmail to your iPhone. You can pick any of the ways as per your preferences and import contacts from Gmail to your device successfully.
1. Import Contacts to iPhone Through Settings
You can directly import contacts via settings in your Ios device. Follow these steps to know how to do so.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings‘ option. Its icon looks like a gear-like logo.
- In the Settings option, go to ‘Contacts.’ From here, choose ‘Accounts,’ followed by ‘Add accounts.’
- From the list displayed, select ‘Google.’ Now, input the credentials for logging in.
- When you sign up for your Google account, enable the ‘Contacts‘ toggle button. It will import contacts from your Gmail to your iPhone.
- Upon synchronizing your Gmail contacts with your device, Google contacts will automatically shift to the iPhone platform.
2. Import Google Contacts to Your iPhone Through iCloud
To know how to export your Gmail contacts to iPhone via iCloud, you need to employ the iTunes platform. Follow these points below.
- On your device, go to ‘Gmail‘ and tap ‘Google,’ followed by ‘Contacts.’
- Now, click the ‘More‘ button, and choose ‘Export’ followed by ‘vCard format.’
- In the window of ‘Export contacts,’ select ‘Contacts‘ present on the top pane. Also, choose ‘vCard format’ present in the lower pane.
- Now, click ‘Export‘ to begin the contact transfer.
- Now, on your iPhone, navigate to iCloud and log in to your iTunes account. Input the right Apple credentials.
- Now, tap the ‘Contacts‘ icon and choose ‘Import vCard.’
- The exported contacts from your Gmail will begin to import into your iPhone.
Also Check, Why: Gmail not receiving emails
By now, you must have found out exactly how to export contacts from Gmail. You can use the instructions for exporting contacts from Gmail to any application, be it your desktop, Android phone, or iPhone. Just ensure to abide by the instructions. To get more help with this process, feel free to speak to an Email technical support professional.