How To Import Outlook Contacts To Gmail [Guide To Follow]
Outlook and Gmail are the most popular choices among various email platforms. For a seamless transition of valuable network connections, it is crucial to know how to import your Outlook contacts to Gmail. Contacts remain the bridge that connects us with friends, family, colleagues, clients, and business partners. More than email addresses and phone numbers, contacts encompass important information about people. That detail aids in relationship building, organization, and clear communication.
Let’s take a dive to explore the steps required to effortlessly import Outlook contacts to Gmail.
How To Import And Export Outlook Contacts To Gmail
Transferring Outlook contacts to Gmail could be a daunting task for users not familiar with the procedure. However, fret not; the switch can be made without a hitch using two fundamental stages. The first stage is to export contacts from Outlook, and the second is to import contacts into your Gmail account.
Stage 1: Exporting contacts from Outlook using the wizard
- Go to the Outlook desktop app and choose File > Options > Advanced.
- Under Export, Choose Export.
- Choose ‘Export to a file’ on the import and export wizard and click ‘Next’.
- Choose ‘Comma Separated Values’ and click ‘Next’.
- Click the ‘Contacts folder’ you wish to export and click ‘Next’.
- Select a destination on your computer to save the file.
- Type a name for the exported file that is different from the default, and then click ‘Next’.
- Click Map Custom Fields to modify the way contact information is saved in the document.
- Once you click Finish, Outlook will instantly begin exporting your contacts.
- To view the data, open the recently created CSV file in Excel.
Stage 2: Importing Outlook contacts into Gmail
Follow these steps to import contacts to Gmail:
- Log in to your Gmail account on Google.
- Click the Google Apps icon (Gmail) and click Contacts.
- Click More under Contact >Import.
- Select the CSV file you exported from Outlook using the Select file button in the Import contacts window.
- click the Import button.
The all done indication will show up in the bottom-right corner of the page as soon as the import is finished.
Simply click Undo if you unintentionally imported the incorrect list of contacts.
Also Know: How to Import Contacts into Outlook?
3 ways to import Outlook contacts to the iPhone
A smooth and effective solution is crucial when it comes to integrating your Outlook contacts with your iPhone. It’s a good thing that there are several ways to import Outlook contacts to the iPhone.
Let’s explore different ways of ensuring that your important contacts are easily accessible on the iPhone’s UI.
Way 1: Directly transfer contacts from Outlook to the iPhone.
Transfer your contact list from Outlook to your iPhone using these simple steps:
Step 1: Open the Settings app.
Step 2: Search and select ‘Contacts’.
Step 3: Choose Accounts.
Step 4: Select “Add Contacts”.
(Note: Use ‘Mail, Contact, Calendars’ instead of ‘Contact’ if your device is running iOS 8).
Step 5: Opt for logging into your Outlook account.
Step 6: Tap “Contacts” and select “Keep on My iPhone”.
Step 7: Click “Save.”
Step 8: Finally, all Outlook contacts will be merged onto your iPhone.
Way 2: Import Outlook Contacts via the Outlook App to the iPhone
You can quickly import Outlook contacts to your iPhone if you use the iOS app on your device. Follow these steps to save contacts on your iPhone:
Step 1: Launch Outlook on your iPhone.
Step 2: Click the profile icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
Step 3: Click ‘Settings’.
Step 4: Choose your account and tap the “Save Contacts” button.
Step 5: A message will appear for confirmation if you’d like to save the Outlook contacts to your iPhone. Click “Save to my iPhone.”
Step 6: When contacts are imported to your iPhone, the contact list is visible in your Outlook contacts.
Way 3: Export Outlook Contacts to iPhone Using iCloud
Another way to import Outlook contacts to the iPhone is via iCloud. Follow the steps given to import contacts to your device:
Step 1: First, download and install the iCloud Control Panel on your device.
Step 2: Start it and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3: Enable the box next to “Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks.”
Step 4: Then, your iPhone will be synced with all of the data in your mail account, including Outlook.
Importing Outlook Contacts to Android in simple ways
Transfering Contact from Outlook to Android provides a refined digital experience ensuring your connections stay synchronized across platforms. Also, it facilitates easy communication, quick access to information, and efficient cooperation. Here we’ll unlock two different ways of importing Outlook contacts to Android.
Way 1: Importing Outlook contacts to Android via MobileTrans software
Step 1: Download the MobileTrans software’s updated version.
Step 2: Install it on your computer.
Step 3: Launch Mobile Trans Software
Step 4: Choose “More” from the menu.
Step 5: Choose “Contact Management” after connecting the Android device to the computer.
Step 6: Now, MobileTrans will start searching for contacts on your Android phone and show them all on the PC screen.
Step 7: Next, go to the bottom-right corner of the screen and click “Import.”
Step 8: From the on-screen pop-up list, choose “from Outlook 2010/2013/2016.”
Step 9: All of your Outlook contacts are to be imported to your Android phone.
Step 10: Once the process is finished, disconnect your devices.
Way 2: Importing Outlook Contacts to Android via the Gmail App
Another method of exporting Outlook contacts to Android is with the Gmail App. This method is simple and works efficiently. Let’s check the following steps:
Step 1: Open the Gmail app on your Android device.
Step 2: Tap the Menu icon located in the upper left corner.
Step 3: Navigate to “Settings.”
Step 4: Choose “Add another account.”
Step 5: Choose ‘Outlook, Hotmail, and Live.
Step 6: Log in to your Outlook account by typing the correct email address and password.
Step 7: Choose ‘Exchange and Office 365.
Step 8: Navigate to “Accounts” or “Users & Accounts” in the “Settings” app.
Step 9: Choose “Exchange and Office 365.”
Step 10: Choose ‘Outlook’,
Step 11: Tab ‘Contacts’
Step 12: Press the Sync Now button to finish the process.
Using these methods, you can easily import Outlook contacts to Android.
Hopefully, this blog was able to give you the correct information about how to import Outlook contacts to Gmail through different stages. You can also import Outlook contacts to iPhone and Android via the Outlook App, the cloud, and mobile transfer software with ease. Integrate your Outlook contacts with your devices and enhance your connectivity.
How do I sync my Outlook contacts with Google Contacts?
You can sync Outlook contacts with Google contacts by exporting Outlook contacts and importing them into a Google account. Also, you can utilize third-party applications to import contacts. Your contact information will remain consistent and available on both platforms through these methods. Follow these simple steps to Import Outlook contact:
- Log in to your Google Gmail account.
- Press Gmail then click Contacts.
- Hit More, then hit Import.
- Click Browser under ‘Import Contacts’.
- Select the file you exported from Outlook, and then click Import.
How to transfer contacts from Outlook to Gmail?
Importing contact from Outlook to Gmail involves a few steps. Try the following steps to export contact using CSV:
- Start Outlook.
- Select “File” from the tabs.
- Choose “Open & Export” before choosing “Import/Export.”
- Choose “Export to a file” and proceed with “Next.”
- Ensure that “Comma Separated Values” is selected, and then click “Next.”
- To export, choose the “Contacts” folder and then browse to the desired place.
- Give the exported file a name that includes the “.csv” extension.
- Finish the export procedure.
Now start Import contact to Gmail:
- Launch Gmail.
- Select “Contacts” by clicking on the “Apps” icon (the nine dots) in the top-right corner.
- Click “Import” in the left sidebar to begin.
- Select the CSV file you exported from Outlook by clicking on the “Select file” button.
- The contacts group you want to add these people to can be chosen.
- Hit “Import.”
How to clean up duplicates when import Outlook contacts to Gmail contacts?
In Gmail contact address duplicates utilizing Gmail’s “Duplicates” function after importing Outlook contacts. It is accessible from the Gmail Contacts left sidebar. Review and combine any automatically suggested duplicates. Use the search bar to manually locate others, integrate them, and check the information you just merged. Check and merge duplicates at regular intervals of time to avoid them in the future.