An untidy mailbox may make you furious especially when searching for the necessary and urgent email in Outlook. So, at one point, you might be fed-up and decide to filter your emails by deleting irrelevant emails or messages. This can be effective for you in terms of organizing your Outlook mailbox in a more manageable way. But after few days you notice that your email in the Outlook inbox is deleted. Now, you came at the position to restore your deleted email anyhow. You may be looking for a great idea for How To Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook.Thus, in this write-up, we elaborate the recovery procedures of your misplaced email in an easy way.
Why Is Outlook Not Showing Old Emails?
Though, it is not so uncommon for Outlook users to experience the Outlook Not Showing Old Emails problem. Outlook doesn’t show emails folder than 12 months just because of the improper cache settings. Therefore, if you seek 1-year-old emails, change the default data settings first in an informative way. With this, you will be eligible to see your past emails. However, you can come across such type of problem when:
- You recently install the Outlook with default email settings.
- Upgrade Outlook from an older version to the newest one.
- After implementing Office Updates.
How Long Does Outlook Keep Permanently Deleted Emails?
By default, the Permanently Deleted Items are being kept in the Deletion folder for 14 days. When you delete any emails, it will transfer to a Recoverable Items folder. And then, they will be staying in the Deletion folder for 14 days automatically. However, you can change the stability of deleted items for a maximum of 30 days.
How Do I Find Old Emails On Outlook?
Here are some quicker and simpler steps to Find Old Emails On Outlook. Let’s have a glimpse and follow one by one:
- First, open Outlook on Windows PC.
- Next, click on the “Folder” tab and then select the “New Search Folder” option.
- Now, in the open window, slightly scroll down to see “Old mail.”
- Furthermore, you can click “Choose” to select the specific time period to group the messages.
- Although, if you have more than one account in Outlook, select the generic one and click “OK.”
This is exactly how you can find your older emails/messages in MS Outlook.
How Do I View Emails Older Than 12 Months In Outlook?
To temporarily View Emails Older Than 12 Months In Outlook, follow the steps such as:
- First, scroll to the end of the email list in a folder.
- And then give a single click on the “Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange” link.
- Despite clicking on that link, you can also tap the “More”.
If you want to change your view permanently, just change the number of selected months. Here’s how to modify the account settings to view your older emails:
- Launch Outlook.
- Go to the File tab and select “Account Settings” > “Account Settings.”
- On the “E-mail” tab, place a double-tap on your “Microsoft Exchange account”.
- In the “Change Account” dialog box, drag the “Mail to keep offline” pointer to the number of months you want.
- Press “Next”.
- Click “OK” when prompt to restart Outlook. In order complete the account modification.
- Finally, click “Finish”.
- And then restart your Outlook.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Emails From Outlook After 30 Days?
The storage of the deleted items in Outlook is 30 days. So, you can recover your deleted emails or any items only within 30 days of deletion. After 30 days, the items in your Trash folder will be permanently deleted. Thus, it won’t be possible to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails From Outlook After 30 Days. Anything after a particular period will be permanently lost.
How To Retrieve Old Emails In Outlook?
Retrieving old emails is not as tricky as you think. You can get them in a shorter time period. In this section, we will show you how to Retrieve Old Emails In Outlook. Let’s stick to the following points:
Steps To Recover Emails That Are Present In The Junk Folder
- First, open MS Outlook.
- Next, in the left pane, select the “Junk E-mail” folder.
- Now, select the message or any items you want to recover.
- And then either select the “Not Junk” option or press “Ctrl + Alt + J.”
- Now, click OK.
- The selected email transfer to your primary inbox. Thus, you can check it anytime from your Outlook mailbox.
Steps To Recover Emails That Has Been Removed From The Deleted Items Folder
If you can’t find items in the Deleted Items folder, maybe they move to the Recoverable Items folder. So, look at this folder to find your item. Here are the complete guidelines:
- First of all, open Outlook.
- Then, from the left pane, choose the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Now, choose the “Recover items deleted from this folder” option at the top of the email list.
- After that, select the items you would like to recover.
- And finally, click the “Restore” tab.
- Now, the item will restore in the original folder. You can go and check it out.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Emails In Outlook?
While cleaning up your inbox, you probably delete some of your important emails from your Outlook. However, retrieving permanently deleted emails in Outlook is as simple as launching/closing an Outlook account. So, no need to freak out about the accidentally deleted items. You can recover them effortlessly. Continue reading to learn how to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails In Outlook:
Steps To Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook For Windows
- Firstly, launch Outlook on your Windows system.
- Click on the “All Mail Items” drop-down button from the left side of Outlook. Doing this a list of mailboxes and folders displays on the screen.
- Now, click the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Next, click on the recycling bin icon name as “Recover Deleted Items from Server.” It is near the top-left corner of Outlook.
- Select the message you want to recover.
- Afterward, press the “OK” tab. The message restores in the Deleted Items folder.
- Click the message from the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Hit the “Move” button. It’s in the ribbon bar at the top of Outlook. A drop-down list will appear.
- Select the folder from the list. For example, if you want to move the message in your Inbox folder, simply click “Inbox”.
How To Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook 365?
Here’s the complete guide of How To Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook 365:
- First and foremost, in your Outlook 365, go to the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Now, in the next step, select the email messages you want to recover.
- Thereafter, click the “Restore” button to Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook 365.
- Though, the messages retrieves to the source location. Example: Emails deleted from the Inbox folder restores to the Outlook Inbox.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Emails On Mac?
If you recently delete your email on your Mac, here’s the instruction on How To Recover Permanently Deleted Emails On Mac. Let’s follow:
- First, open the Outlook Mail app on your Mac OS.
- Then, click the “View” tab at the top and select the option “Show Deleted Messages.”
- After doing so, the deleted emails will appear on your Mac screen.
- Afterward, place a click on the “Trash” icon at the left sidebar to check out all deleted messages.
- Now, select the email you delete a few hours ago and now want to recover.
- Once you select it, click “Undelete” from the drop-down menu to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails On Mac.
Procure 24/7 Online Outlook Technical Support For Instant Ultimate Guide
Won’t you be satisfied with the above course of actions for How To Recover Deleted Emails In Outlook? Do you need more info in a way to quickly recover your permanently deleted emails in Outlook? If really so, you can call us at the toll-free number for Outlook Technical Support. We are a team of extremely talented and well-qualified so always provide easy and handy solutions at the doorstep. Dial the number and stay tuned!