Microsoft Office 365 is cloud software that helps in the development of dynamic Office apps to assist businesses and individuals. It comprises many valuable applications, like MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, OneNote, and many others. Although it makes the everyday work tasks of people a lot easy, there is still a chance that you may become a victim of a blocked account. Many such users try to find ways to unlock a blocked MS Office 365 account. Indeed, a blocked account can hinder you from carrying out your work activity to a significant extent. The article provides you with techniques for resolving this problem so you can use your account effectively again.
Why Does My MS Account Keep Getting Blocked?
You may want an effective resolution to unlock a blocked MS Office 365 account as an Office user. But before you learn how to unlock a blocked Office 365 email account, it will be helpful for you to know the causes behind this problem. You will find your account getting blocked when Microsoft detects some unusual activity. To protect your account, Microsoft locks your account temporarily. Another cause for your account getting blocked is you sending lots of messages or emails secretly. Irrespective of the reason, you can reset or change your email password to resolve the issue.
Error Message Shows on the Screen
Users who are trying to unlock a blocked office 365 email account will receive an error message stating, ‘Your account is temporarily locked to prevent unauthorized use. Try again later, and if you still have trouble, contact your admin.’ Know that your Office 365 email account is blocked because it has been compromised in one or another way. Here are some troubleshooting steps to unlock a blocked MS Office 365 account.
Symptoms of a Blocked MS Office Account
You can find Microsoft account locked suspicious activity by its symptoms.
- First, you will find that you are not able to log in to your Office 365 portal.
- You will not be able to access the blocked account and will be continuously showing the error message.
- Or you cannot access MS applications like PowerPoint, Excel, Spreadsheets, and Presentations.
How Do I Unlock a Blocked MS Office 365 Account?
There are various troubleshooting ways for Office 365 unlock user account. These techniques are very effective, and they will help you fix this issue rapidly. These techniques are as follows. For advanced troubleshooting assistance, feel free to avail of Office 365 Support.
Wait for a period of 30 minutes and log in again
You can try this method before any other ones. Just wait for a period of 30 minutes. Sometimes, Microsoft Office 365 accounts get locked due to an abrupt temporary problem. It may hinder you from accessing your account. After 30 minutes, log in to your Office 365 account. You might also be able to gain easy access to it. However, ensure that you provide the correct login credentials. Otherwise, you will not be able to access it.
Get in touch with your admin to unlock your account.
It is another effective technique for unlocking your account. Working professionals use MS Office 365 in their organization for getting their work done in less time. Many times, on finding their account not opening, they search for ways to unlock it. Although it is highly possible that your email address has been blocked on this device by your administrator. Follow these easy steps to fix this problem.
- Firstly, you have to open ‘Microsoft Office 365.’
- Choose the ‘Users’ tab. Then, click on ‘Active users.’
- From the list of users, choose the blocked user.
- Tap on ‘Edit’ for opening a ‘Sign-in’ status page.
- Now select the option of ‘Sign-in allowed.’
- Now, click the ‘Save’ button.
Fill the reset form
Sometimes, Microsoft detects suspicious activity or unnecessary emails. In such a case, you will find Microsoft account locked suspicious activity. Fill out the account services form of Microsoft and unlock your Office 365 account. Perform the following steps like-
- Launch a web browser on the computer system.
- Next, open the ‘MS Account Services’ form in that browser.
- Input all the needed data in the different fields of the form.
- After entering the captcha, press the button ‘Submit.’
The form will direct to Microsoft. After confirming you as an authorized user, your account unlocks.
Launch an Antivirus software program
When you encounter Microsoft account-locked suspicious activity on your device, it may also be because of a virus or malware attack. It is highly advisable to conduct a system check for any virus threat. To remove viruses from your computer, use the following techniques:
- Open your Windows PC and tap on the ‘Search’ button.
- Input ‘Windows Security.’ Now, tap on the ‘Windows Security’ tab to launch this utility.
- Then click on the ‘Shield’ button.
- After that tap the ‘Quick scan’ link.
- This scanning will eliminate viruses from your system.
Change the Sign-in status
Don’t worry if the above resolutions do not work for you, and you still find yourself searching on Google for Office 365 unlock user account. There is yet another support for you. Try resetting the sign-in status. Change it from ‘Allow’ to ‘Blocked’ and then swap them. It might unlock your Office 365 account. To reset your sign-in status, follow the instructions such as-.
- First of all, log into the Microsoft 365 portal. Sign in as an admin user.
- Then navigate to the section of ‘Users.’ Now choose ‘Active Users.’
- Now, locate the user and then tap the ‘Display’ name of the user. It will launch the ‘Settings’ window.
- Next, see the top part of the pane. Choose ‘Block sign-in.’
- In this screen, select ‘block this user from signing in.’
- Tap ‘Save changes.’
- Remember not to choose ‘Block this user from signing in’ in the screen of ‘Unblock sign-in.’
- Then tap ‘Save changes.’
Hopefully, you must get a lot of information on how to unlock a blocked MS Office 365 account. Follow these courses of action to re-access your account. You will definitely find yourself working with your MS Office 365 account like you were before the problem occurs.