Sometimes, CenturyLink Email Issues can be a very annoying situation. The user can face any problem related to it such as account freezes, frequent login trouble, configuration settings mishap, and much more. Don’t Worry…!!! This article is written to provide the user with quick easy steps that he/she can follow to fix the common CenturyLink Email Issues.
Just like any other email service provider, the CenturyLink Internet-based Email service provider is also one of the main communication providers to the global audience. It is completely well received by the worldwide audience and has garnered millions of users. The CenturyLink Email provides the audience with add on protection from unnecessary junk and spam emails. Besides this, for user convenience, it can be accessible through any device, whether PC or Mobile Phone.
If you are also one of the CenturyLink Email service users and continuously facing problems with your CenturyLink.net Email Account. Then after reading this article you will clearly understand the problem that you are facing and the possible solution to that problem. Each and everything will be covered in this blog.
Reasons Behind Continuous CenturyLink Email Issues
There can be more than one reason behind the improper working of anyone’s CenturyLink Email Account. Some of them can be very easy to troubleshoot and some can cause a very severe headache. Some of the major reasons are –
- The CenturyLink Email offers the users an email Size Limit of 20 MB otherwise total storage of 15 GB. In case the storage gets exhausted, the user starts facing the email related problems. Other limits are –
- Sending Limit to Contacts up to 100 Contacts at the same time.
- Webmail Send Limit of up to 100 / hour.
- SMTP Send Limit of up to 500 / hour.
- IP Based Send Limit of up to 50 / 5 Minutes.
- The user can track the messages sent using the conversation filter. The user can also create various folders and subfolders to organize the mail inbox. And then directly can route the similar messages in the designated folder. In case a wrong alignment of these filters is done, the mail will misbehave.
- The user of CenturyLink Email service can also configure the system settings through its own efforts. In the majority of the cases, wrong configuration settings are the biggest reasons behind the CenturyLink Email Problems.
- The user also might be putting the wrong login credentials at the time of logging into the account.
- CenturyLink Email Account’s server might be down or crashed for the time being.
- Anti – Virus installed in the system might be creating a firewall and thus, resulting in you having trouble logging in to your CenturyLink Email Account.
- Slow Internet Speed or the continuously interrupted speed.
- Use of Un-Updated CenturyLink Email Software.
- The Web Browser used for availing the CenturyLink Email Service is filled with cache and cookies.
Possible Methods To Solve CenturyLink.Net Email Issues
There are plenty of methods to solve the various and above stated CenturyLink Email related problems. The Best and the easy ones out of them all are covered down below –
1. CenturyLink.Net Email Configuration Settings
Do check whether the CenturyLink Email Configuration Settings for both Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server is correct or not. Update them as per the below inputs –
Incoming Mail Server Settings —
- Server – pop.centurylink.net
- PORT – 993
- Security – SSL / TLS
Outgoing Mail Server Settings —
- Server – smtp.centurylink.net
- PORT – 587 / 465
- Security – SSL / TLS
2.Filling the recycle bin with the unnecessary emails Issues
One of the easiest and the safest methods to troubleshoot your CenturyLink Email Account is by deleting the necessary spam and junk mails. And moving them to the recycle bin or trash of your mail account and then again deleting them from there as well. Spam and Junk emails are annoying and can make a very big load over the overall storage of the email account. The same must be in use to keep only the necessary emails.
3. Reset Account Password and other Login Credentials –
The reason behind the CenturyLink Email Account Login problem can majorly be the issue with the user’s login account login password. Change your password and then re-login to your account. For easy navigation, write the password on a blank worksheet of WordPad or MS Word File. Or also copy the same using CTRL + C and then paste it using CTRL + V on the designated password column in the login window of CenturyLink.Net Email Account. Always follow the key points remember regarding the safety of your account password. It must not be shared in front of anyone.
Steps to reset CenturyLink Webmail password
- First, go to the official website of CenturyLink and then enter your login credentials in the correct way.
- Choose Change or Reset CenturyLink Webmail password from the drop-down menu.
- However, this time you have to input the previous password in the Current Password field.
- Input a new or unique password in the New Password field.
- When it is done, click on the Save button to successfully complete the reset password process. This is how you can reset your CenturyLink Webmail password.
4.Update or Re-Install the CenturyLink Email Software / Application
Not only the CenturyLink Email service but almost each and every other email service provider releases timely updates and new versions regarding their email software and applications. The same must be downloaded and installed in the system for avoiding any email-related breakage. Download the updates from the trusted source only. Hence, proper due diligence must be given while installing them.
How To Add Or Remove Email Accounts?
Here is a list of steps that you have to follow if you want to add CenturyLink.Net email accounts. Let’s have a look.
1. Add CenturyLink.Net Email Accounts
- First of all, visit the homepage of CenturyLink.
- Under the My CenturyLink menu, click on the User Settings option.
- Hit the Add button in order to add the New User section.
- Fill in the New User form by entering all the information.
- After filling the form, you can store the information by clicking on the Add User button.
- Next, click on the Add CenturyLink Email Account option.
- Type your new login credentials( Username & Password) and save it on your system.
2. Remove CenturyLink.Net Webmail Accounts
- Open the CenturyLink Webmail homepage.
- Select the User Settings option from the My CenturyLink menu.
- Also, search for the email account you want to remove or delete from the Manage Users section.
- At the bottom of the email account click on the Remove User button.
- A pop-up appears asking if you want to remove the user. Click OK to confirm the deletion.
- However, if you don’t want to remove the user, then click on the Cancel option.
Contact CenturyLink Email Support Team if you need any help –
If in case you are looking for professional and expert guidance to solve your CenturyLink Email Issues
Then you must make a contact with CenturyLink Email Customer Support. And ask them for any query related to the CenturyLink Email account. With the availability of direct CenturyLink Email professionals, your query will get resolved easily within no time and they are also available 24 * 7 for customer help.
If anyone faces this type of email issue then it all depends on the user how he is going to manage such issues. Therefore, you don’t need to panic at any cost. CenturyLink is an amazing email service. Follow the above steps and your CenturyLink Email Issues will get resolved.