Comcast Email Hacked? Use These Effective Recovery Techniques
One of the famous names in the domain of email service is Comcast email. Comcast email has several good security features, making it very reliable and convenient. But nothing is entirely immune to hacking attempts. So, it is best to take care of your email account’s security. Many Xfinity users find their Comcast email hacked. If you don’t know how to recover the account, all your sensitive information will be lost. But Comcast provides a seamless recovery process to deal with a hacked account.
In this article, you’ll find out how to identify hacked email accounts and the steps you should take to recover them.
Also Read, Why: Comcast Email Not Working
How to Find If Your Comcast Email is Hacked?
An account with weak or compromised security becomes a target for hackers. Everyone searching for Comcast email hacked on the web notice certain suspicious things on their account. They include the following:
- If you find an uncommon IP address upon going through all the latest activities of your email account, it indicates an email breach.
- Finding emails in the Sent or Outbox folder that you haven’t actually sent.
- Unidentifiable emails present in your inbox are another indicator of a Comcast email account hacked by a hacker.
- If the recovery data of your account is modified, the chances are that your account is hacked.
Also Read, Why: Comcast Email Not Receiving Emails
The Process to Fix the Comcast Email Hacked Problem
You will undoubtedly feel terrified to notice that your Comcast email account has been hacked. But when you know how to recover hacked Comcast account, you will not feel so. Here are the steps you should follow to recover your account.
1. Modify the Password
It’s the first thing you should do when discovering that your email has been hacked. Head over to the official webpage of Comcast immediately. Once there, tap the ‘Forgot Password‘ link in the login area. It will enable you to change the password. Ensure that you create a unique and strong password that cannot be easily guessed. It should have complex words or phrases.
2. Allow the 2-step Verification
Apart from changing your email password, you should also enable 2-sep verification for your account. It is an additional security step that will make your Comcast account fully safe. This step will prevent hackers from accessing your data. You will find the 2-step verification code sent to your mobile number. Use it to sign in to your account.
3. Go through the Account Recovery Procedure
Comcast provides its users with a way to recover hacked Comcast email accounts through its password recovery process. The process is quite simple.
- Navigate to the Xfinity login page.
- From the ‘Forgot Xfinity ID or Password?‘, tap ‘Password.’
- Now, input your Xfinity email address, username, or your phone number to locate your email account. Then, tap ‘Continue.’
- In the subsequent screen, input the correct CAPTCHA.
- Give correct answers to the security question, verify your mobile number or confirm your email ID to prove your authority.
- In case you choose a phone number or email address to prove your identity, you’ll get a verification code on your phone or email. You need to enter this code on the page of password reset.
- Adhere to the instructions on the screen to create a new password or reset the password for your Comcast account.
4. Change the Security Questions & Update their Answers
After carrying out the password reset process to fix the Comcast email hacked problem, you must modify the security questions and their answers accordingly. This step will rule out any possibility of risk later on. Change the security questions because the one who took control of your account knows the answers to those questions. If you don’t change them, they will hack your Comcast account anytime again.
5. Modify the Recovery Email Address
Now you must also modify the recovery email ID and its password. Secure it with your Xfinity account. It is essential to follow this step along with the ones mentioned above to recover your hacked Comcast email account and secure it for the future.
6. Scan your System
If your Comcast account is hacked, it’s likely that the system used to access the email may be a risk of a malware threat. So, it’s best to run an entire system scan to look for any active malware. Hackers generally use malware to get security information from your system. If the system scan detects a virus, you must modify the password of your account again to remain safe. You can also connect with the Comcast email service to know the best software to scan your account.
Also Read, How to fix: Comcast email issues
The threat of email account hacking is real, and its cases are increasing with every passing year. If you face the Comcast email hacked issue, you must become extra vigilant and proactively take steps to safeguard your account and the data it has. You can also speak with Email Technical Support services to deal with this situation.