Unlike other email services such as Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, etc., configuring Comcast email on iPhone is not so easy and simple as you think. There are many more steps you need to carefully go through to set up your iPhone mail client to work with your Comcast.net email. Skipping a single step can be pretty messy for you to configure it on your iPhone device and further leading to Comcast Email Issues. You can’t send email from the Mail app and need to sort out the problem sooner. However, there are several reasons too for your Comcast Not Working on iPhone problem. In this guide, we discuss how to efficiently cope-up this error. So, let’s read the blog-post!
Reasons For Comcast Email Issues On I-phone
Below are the lists of possible causes due to which you encounter Comcast Email Issues On I-phone. Have a glimpse:
- Internet is not connected on the iPhone can be the one possible reason of Comcast email not working problem
- Due to poor internet connection or internet speed is slow
- The storage space in the iPhone device might be not sufficient for Comcast emails to work
- The server settings for Comcast emails may not be configured properly and create trouble in accessing the account
- Maybe you enter the wrong login credentials like username and password to sing-in your Comcast
- The iPhone may not be running the newest version of iOS
- Third-party apps on your iPhone may be preventing Comcast from working appropriately
- There might be something internally wrong with the iOS system
Methods To Fix Comcast Email Issues On I-phone
If you are having a problem in sending or receiving emails or facing Comcast Email Issues On I-phone, then you will need to walk through the fixing methods noted underneath. We have compiled fruitful several guidelines in order to effort-freely get rid of Comcast Email Problem. Keep your eyes feast on the given instructions and give a try to them from top-to-toe on a serious note:
Method 1: Check The Speed Of Internet Connection
The very beginning step you require to check is internet connectivity. To opening any email account, an internet connection must be at a high rate. If there is a poor connection or connectivity issue, then there is a great chance of experiencing Comcast Email Problem. Make sure your iPhone is on a good wi-fi network or it has mobile data that is turned-on. When your iPhone is not connected to the internet network, your Comcast email doesn’t work at anyhow. Once you check the connectivity and ensure that all is set but still not able to access your Comcast email, then you need to apply the next given method to troubleshoot the problem.
Method 2: Check The Storage Space On iPhone
Check your iPhone for the storage space in it as having a less amount of space can be the one cause of getting Comcast Email Issues On I-phone. Make sure, there is enough storage space available on the iPhone. If it is not, then uninstall some unnecessary apps and delete heavy data files from your iPhone device. Once it’s done, you may frequently access your Comcast Email. But if yet not, then go with the next solution method.
Method 3: Ensure Login Credentials (Username and Password)
In case, you enter a wrong password when signing-in to your Comcast Email, then your email is not worked, for sure. Therefore, while entering the User ID and Password of your Comcast mail account, make sure the Caps-Lock key is off and you type correctly. If you forgot the password, then reset it instantly via your other email or phone number associated with this account. After resetting the password with a new upgraded one, then you might not face any kind of Comcast Email Issues On I-phone. Therefore, let’s change your password without wasting your time and try to access the Comcast account on your device. Continue with the next solution if this doesn’t help in terminating mailing issues.
Method 4: Check iOS Mail Fetch And Notification Settings
This method should be applied to your device is not displaying Comcast Emails. To adjust these settings, follow the provided steps one-by-one:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and then tap “Passwords & Accounts”
- Tap “Fetch New Data” and then choose a setting such as Automatically, Manually or a schedule you would like Mail to fetch data
- Note: The default setting for all devices running iOS 11 and later is “automatically”
If this is not beneficial, use the next method.
Method 5: Delete and Set up Comcast Email Account Again
Here is how to delete Comcast Email Account from your iPhone and then set it up back again:
Delete The Account
- First, sign-in to your Comcast email on iPhone to make sure that all your emails are there
- Now on your device, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts and tap on the Comcast email account
- Click “Delete” to remove it from the device and then wait a while before setting it up again
Configure Comcast Email Account on iPhone
Once you ensure that the Comcast Email account has been removed from your iPhone, let’s start configuring it once more. Follow the steps noted beneath:
- First, place a click on the “Mail” client on your iPhone
- Next, click “Other” on the Welcome to Mail screen
- Type in your credentials on the “New Account” screen and then click “Next”
- By doing this, your information will be verified, and if the credentials are correct, your Comcast.net email will be configured successfully
- All set! You’re ready to send and receive emails from your Comcast.net email account on your iPhone operating device
If yet, facing the Comcast Email Problem, go ahead with the next solution.
Method 6: Configure Incoming And Outgoing Mail Server Settings on iPhone
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tricks helping you out in exterminating Comcast Email Issues On I-phone, then the last but not the least step you need to take is to reconfigure the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server Settings manually. Here are the steps you have to go through:
- Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Username: enter your username/email address that you use to login Comcast account
- Password: enter your Comcast Email Account password
- Server port: 587
- SSL: Mark this field as “yes” to enable SSL
- Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Host Name: comcast.net
- Username: Enter your username
- Password: Enter your password
- Server Port: 995
- Use SSL: Yes
Dial 24/7 Helpline Number To Grab Handy Solution
If you are also experiencing the Comcast Email Issues On I-phone, then you are suggested to place a call on helpline number. A team of highly qualified technical engineers are available there to serve you better solution in a handy manner.