Gmail Not Working on iPhone? Here are The Fixes For it
The most famous email service finds its place on every device. This includes the reliable and superb iPhone. However, it is not alien to issues. So if you find your Gmail not working on your iPhone, then you are not alone.
In this blog, we cover the issue in detail. We explore it in depth so that you can resolve it by yourself, and also help others to do so.
Read Also:- Recover Gmail Account Hacked
Reasons Behind Gmail Not Working on iPhone
The reasons can vary from one device to another. However, it is never something alarming. It generally occurs because of factors like:
- Incorrect settings of the application on the iPhone.
- There are issues with using incorrect login credentials on the account.
- Insufficient permissions can also lead to Gmail not working on iPhones.
- Also, using an outdated Gmail application can also lead to Gmail on iPhone not working.
Other general issues like an overflowing cache, or runtime glitch are also possible. However, after understanding the reasons we can conclude that the fixes will be simple. So now, let us proceed to the main section of this blog.
Fixing The Issue of Gmail Not Working on iPhone
In this section, you get multiple options to choose your fix from. Opt for any that you find easy and go forward with it.
Restart Your iPhone
This is the most common fix and might help you resolve it in the first try. So it seems that there might be a simple blocker of the application. So a simple reboot of your device might make the issue vanish. This can help you resolve the issue of Gmail not working on iPhone.
Check Gmail Status and Alerts
Though it is rare, there can be issues with the Gmail server itself. The best way forward will be to ensure it. First, you should visit the website, and then check their Status Dashboard. This will help you ensure that there is no disruption or any sort of outage.
If there is no outage then you can check for an alert. To proceed with this:
- Launch the Gmail website on a PC or any other device.
- After that, Sign in to your account using your credentials.
- Now you need to look for an alert box, or maybe an email in your inbox. This will convey something like “Someone has your password” or “We blocked a sign-in attempt”.
- All you need to do now is open that alert and then opt for the link inside. It might read something like “Review Your Devices Now”, or it can be “That Was Me”, etc.
- This will authenticate your iPhone for logging in to your Gmail account.
Verify Your Connectivity
Your email should be working well for Gmail to receive emails. So for this, there are a few things to check:
- First, ensure that you have your VPN off. It might hinder the working of the phone’s internet.
- Also, please check if the mobile data is on and whether it is receiving signals. You can do so by checking other applications on your iPhone.
- If you have WiFi, ensure that your service provider is not having downtime. You can also restart the router. After that, check if your phone is in the WiFi range.
Ensure That You Have IMAP Enabled
A possible reason behind Gmail not working on iPhone might be that the IMAP does not have proper permissions. To bypass this, you have a few steps to follow.
- First, you need to visit mail.google.com with a reliable browser on your phone.
- Next, skip the screen that asks you to use the app. After that click on the three lines at the top left, and scroll down to the option Desktop. Up next, opt for I’d like to use HTML Gmail.
- After that, go to Settings. It will be the gear icon on the top-right side. After that click See all Settings.
- You will see a horizontal row. Here you have to go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP columns.
- The next step is to Enable IMAP. After that, you need to Save Changes.
- Now that you have made the necessary changes, Gmail should resume working.
Stop The Gmail App Forcefully
If any app works inefficiently, then you should close it with force. For this, you have to swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone. After that, hold it. Another alternative is to double-press the Home button if it is there. After that, drag the email app and then force stop it. Now you need to wait for some time and launch the app again.
Carry Out The Updates
So this includes both, the application and the iPhone. Missing out on the latest updates can lead to Gmail not working on iPhone. First, let us update the application
- For this, you need to go to the App Store. After that, opt for Updates.
- After that, you have to pull down the screen to refresh.
- Next, you need to tap on UPDATE. It will be present next to the Gmail app icon.
Now here is how you can update your iPhone, especially the operating system.
- First, you need to launch Settings on your phone.
- After that, navigate to General.
- Now you need to opt for the option Software Update. With this, you will get the latest update on the operating system.
Set Up Your Gmail Account Again
This step can be a safe way to start again with your account. Furthermore, it will also rectify your issue if you are using incorrect credentials. Let us see how you can do it.
- First up, go to Settings on your phone. After that, tap on the option Mail.
- After that, you need to tap on Accounts. Now click on Gmail.
- Now you need to go to Delete Account, and after that Delete from My iPhone.
- The next important step is to restart your iPhone. After that, you need to add your Gmail account again. Please ensure you put in the correct credentials.
Worst Case: Reset iPhone Settings
If all of the above does not work, then use this method.
- You have to navigate through Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- After this, you can set up your phone and Gmail account again.
The issue of Gmail not working on iPhones might become serious. It can have various consequences if you miss out on important emails. However, it is not that tough to resolve. So you should take care of the problem as soon as possible.If you need more assistance with safeguarding your account, it’s best to connect with our Email Technical Support professional.