People who prefer Hotmail for their mailing needs must Reset Hotmail Password constantly to make it hack-proof. Besides, they might also forget their account password due to various reasons and look for aid to recover it. Generally, by using a mobile number, email address, or security question. With these ways, users can verify their identity and set up a new password for Hotmail. Below are two ways upon which users can easily perform Hotmail password reset.
How Do I Reset My Hotmail Password?
Although there are 2 ways by which you can reset the Hotmail password if you have forgotten Hotmail password. The ways are as follows:
- Recovery Email- While setting up the Hotmail account, you have been asked to enter your Recovery Email. If you have mentioned the Recovery Email Address, then you will get a verification code through which you can reset or change the Hotmail password. So, it is recommended to enter your Recovery Email Address while setting up the account. If you have no secondary mail address, then follow the second way. That is a Security Question.
- Security Question- It is one of the simplest ways to change the Hotmail password. Similar to Recovery Email Address you have to set up these. So, if you lost or forgotten the old password, you can reset it by simply answering these security questions.
Points To Remember:
There are some points specified below which you have to keep in mind before resetting the Hotmail password:
- Ensure that your Hotmail account is not inactive for more than 365 days.
- Always remember that you should not log in from the desktop you don’t trust.
- Before logging in to your account, always ensure that you have entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Change your passwords at frequent intervals so no one can hack your Hotmail account. Use different variations of passwords while resetting them.
- Check that your Antivirus is active or turned on.
- To recover the Hotmail password quickly, you should input the alternate email address and a mobile number to your account. This will help you to recover Hotmail account easily.
- Add security question if you forgot the password and don’t have a registered mobile number.
Ways to Perform Hotmail Password Reset
Have you forgotten or lost your Hotmail password? Here is a list of ways by following which you can perform Hotmail password reset easily.
- Visit Outlook.com and tap on the Can’t access your account? option.
- Choose I forgot my password option.
- In the Microsoft Account field, type your Hotmail email address. Then carefully type the Captcha code in the required field. Hit Next.
- Now, it will ask your desired Verification method(recovery email, registered mobile number). Select the appropriate method.
- You will get a verification code and type that verification code in the desired field.
- In the end, click on the Use Recovery Code button. And then complete the Hotmail password recovery procedure.
Methods to Reset Hotmail Password on Desktop
- First, go to the password reset page of Microsoft.
- Click the I forgot my password option and click Next.
- Enter your email address or your mobile number in the new window.
- Here, a captcha code will also appear, enter it. Click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Verify your identity by using either the ‘Text’ or ‘Email’ option.
- At this stage, enter your registered phone number or full email address.
- Press the ‘Send Code’ option.
- However, if you select ‘Text’ – Pick your cellphone and open the ‘Messages’ app to get a recovery code.
- While selecting ‘Email’– Go to your inbox and note down the code.
- Mention the recovery code. Then, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- In the Hotmail Reset Password page, enter a new password.
- Now, click on the ‘Next’ option.
You can now access your account using a new password. Moreover, if you are not comfortable changing the Hotmail password on the desktop, you can also use the mobile application. Check it out:
How to Reset Hotmail Password On Android Phone?
Follow the below steps carefully to Reset Hotmail Password on Android mobile phone with the optimum level of ease:
- First of all, open the ‘Outlook’ app icon using your cellphone.
- Enter your correct email address. Tap on Add Account.
- Again click on the link saying Forgot my password.
- Tap the ‘Next’ option and enter the captcha code. Again click Next.
- Choose a recovery option either ‘Email’ or ‘Text’.
- Also, enter your alternative email address or mobile number as per your needs.
- Click on the ‘Send code’ option.
- In case if you select Email – Go to your email address and check the security code in your inbox.
- If you selected Text – open the messages from your cell phone and get the passcode.
- Enter the recovery code into the ‘Enter the code’ box and enter a new password.
- Confirm it by re-entering the same password. Click ‘Next’ and finish.
Using the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to complete the Reset Hotmail Password operation successfully. Moreover, you should also keep the fact in mind that your password must be hack-proof and unguessable.
Also Read: How can I log into my Hotmail account?
Steps to Reset Hotmail Password on iPhone
Are you an iPhone user, but don’t know how to reset the password of your Hotmail account? Have you forgotten Hotmail password? Here is a list of steps by following which you can change the Hotmail password. The steps are like
- Firstly, open your phone and then click on the Outlook app.
- Type your email address and hit the “Forgot my password” option.
- To proceed further, click on the Next button.
- Next, enter the characters displayed on the mobile screen and click the Next button.
- It’s time to select the recovery choice: either Recovery Email Address or Security Question.
- Once the option selected, you will get a verification code. And you have to enter that captcha code in the box. This will also redirect to the Password Reset page.
- Input a new password and confirm it by again retyping the same password.
- This is how an iPhone user can reset the password.