People who prefer Hotmail for their mailing needs must Reset Hotmail Password constantly to make it hack-proof. Besides, they might also forget their account password due to various reasons and look for the aid to recover it. Generally, by using mobile number or email address, users can verify their identity and setup a new password for Hotmail. Below are two platforms upon which users can easily reset their account password.
Reset Hotmail Password On Desktop:
- Go to the password reset page of Microsoft.
- Click ‘I forgot my password’ option and click ‘Next’.
- Enter your email address or your mobile number in the new window.
- Here, a captcha code will appear, enter it. Click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Verify your identity by using either the ‘Text’ or ‘Email’ option.
- Enter your registered phone number or full email address.
- Click the ‘Send Code’ option.
- If you selected ‘Text’ – Pick your cellphone and open the ‘Messages’ app to get a recovery code.
- If you selected ‘Email’– Go to your inbox and note down the code.
- Enter the recovery code. Then, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- In the Hotmail Password Reset page, enter a new password.
- Now, click on the ‘Next’ option.
You can now access your account using new password. Moreover, if you are not comfortable to change the password on the desktop, you can also use the mobile application. We have mentioned some easy to implement steps via which you can easily change your Hotmail password. Check it out:
Reset Hotmail Password On Mobile Application:
Follow the below steps carefully to Hotmail Password Reset with the optimum level of ease:
- First of all, open the ‘Outlook’ app icon using your cellphone.
- Enter your correct email address. Tap on ‘Add Account’.
- Again click on the link saying ‘Forgot my password’
- Select the ‘I forgot my password’ option.
- Tap ‘Next’ option and enter the captcha code. Again Click ‘Next’.
- Choose a recovery option either ‘Email’ or ‘Text’.
- Enter your alternative email address or mobile number as per your needs.
- Click on the ‘Send code’ option.
- Depending on your choice, you will receive a verification code.
- If you selected Email – Go to your email address and check the security code in your inbox.
- If you selected Text – open the messages from your cellphone and get the pass code.
- Enter the recovery code into the ‘Enter the code’ box.
- Enter a new password for your Hotmail account.
- Confirm it by re-entering the same password. Click ‘Next’ and finish.
Using the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to complete the Reset Hotmail Password operation successfully. Moreover, you should also keep the fact in mind that your password must be hack-proof and unguessable. Also, you can also fetch some security tips to keep your account password safe against all the possible threats.