AOL Password Reset Not Working | Fix it Manually
Have you forgotten AOL’s account password? Don’t know how to recover the password? If yes, then don’t worry! AOL password reset problems can easily be resolved via the AOL Gold Download option. However, in this article, you will see the desired procedure of recovery the forgotten password of the AOL account. Keep on reading this page till the end and perform as it is will help you to reset your forgotten password.
Here are some reasons behind the occurrence of the AOL password reset not working problem. They are like:
- Login into your AOL account from different systems.
- A large amount of cache and cookies present on your browser.
- Maybe you are sending spam content through AOL mail.
- Your AOL account may be hacked by intruders.
Preventive Measures You Must Follow
- If you are encountering an AOL password reset not working problem, then firstly you have to select the “Log out from all the devices” option. By selecting this option, you will be log out from all the systems.
- Also, check that you have not sent any spam or junk content to anyone.
- Block your credit card if it has been used at any place without your concern.
How to Reset AOL Password?
- Visit the AOL sign-in page.
- Now, provide your AOL username, and then click on the Next button.
- Also, tap on the “I forgot my password” option.
- After that, AOL will ask for verification before resetting the password.
- You will receive a Verification Code On Registered Phone Number or email address.
- Enter the confirmation code and select Verify.
- This will create a strong new password that you like to use in the future.
- Click save and then log in to your AOL account.
So, these are the steps to reset the AOL Password. Now we will discuss the complete procedure in detail.
Detailed Procedure For AOL Email Password Reset
Reset AOL password with a fresh start. Have a glimpse on the noted lines:
- First of all, go to the AOL sign-in page.
- Now, enter your username into the given field.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Now tap “I forgot my password”.
After that, you will have to verify the information on file for your account before doing the AOL mail password reset. Although the three verification options will be shown; you can select depending on what recovery information is on file for your account. However, if you follow the steps for a verification method listed below you will be able to recover the AOL password reset not working.
Send Verification Code On Registered Phone Number
- Firstly, enter the missing digits in the phone number you’re shown and then click ‘Submit. The digits you are entering must match the recovery phone number. If you don’t see this, jump to step 2.
- Click Yes, send me a verification code to have a verification code on your phone number via SMS text, or click Call me with a verification code to receive a phone call and get the code.
- Enter that code in the field.
- Click Submit.
- You’ll see a success message. Click Create a new password.
- Enter the new password both in the ‘New password’ and Confirm new password fields.
- Now, click Continue.
- Click OK, got it.
Send Verification Code On Email Address
- Firstly, if you have a recovery email address but not have a recovery phone number, then you will see a message “Do you have access to this email?”. Click “Yes, send me a verification code”.
- Now, sign in to your recovery email account.
- Open a message that you receive from AOL, “Recover access to your AOL account.” This email has your verification code.
- Return to the browser window or tab where you’re resetting your AOL account password and enter that verification code in the required field.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- You’ll also see a success message if you’ve entered the correct code.
- Then choose the Create a new password option.
- Enter the new password in both the New password and then Confirm the new password fields.
- Hit the ‘Continue’ option.
- Click on Ok, got it to proceed further.
Reset AOL Password by Verifying Your Account Security Question and Profile Information
- First of all, enter the answer to your Account Security Question.
- Click Verify.
- You will be asked to mention your name, date of birth, zip code, or other information on file for your account
- Next, click on the Continue option.
- You may be prompted to verify more than one piece of profile information. However, if this happens, then click Continue after entering each requested item
- Once verification is over, you’ll see a success message. Then click Create a new password
- Enter the new password in both the New password and Confirm new password fields
- Click Continue.
- Click OK, got it.
How To Reset AOL Password on iPhone?
- First of all, open your iPhone and select the AOL app.
- Choose the Change AOL Password option.
- Then type your username and the current password in the required fields.
- Next, visit the Account Management tab, and click on the Change Password option.
- Here you have to type the new password.
- Again type the new password to confirm it.
- In the end, click on the Continue option.
- This is how you can fix the AOL password reset not working on iPhone problem by simply changing or resetting your AOL password.
Once you verify the code and follow the on-screen instruction, you can easily fix the AOL password reset not working. However, if you click on AOL Desktop Gold Download, you will also see the resetting process. Follow the steps and recover your lost AOL account password. I hope by following the above steps you can overcome the AOL reset password not working problem. Although if you still need any help, then you can contact our certified AOL Support experts.