Issues with Outlook or any other email are no longer up for debate. Most of the issues are common and almost every user faces them. Outlook error 0x800ccc0e is one such issue that is encountered when there is some issue with the port number and the IMAP configuration of the Outlook account. This improper setting causes issues and does not allow the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server to send or receive emails while using one of the Microsoft Outlook programs.
Let us understand the root cause of the issue more deeply so we can eliminate the root cause and fix the issue in less time.
Root Causes Behind the IMAP Error Code 0x800ccc0e
Before we reach the root cause, we have divided this section into 2 subparts on the basis of the Outlook version in which you can face outlook error 0x800ccc0e. Though the root cause of this issue is the inappropriate port number, here is how we can understand it more clearly.
Causes of Outlook error 0x800ccc0e in Outlook 2002 and 2003
While setting IMAP configuration in Outlook 2002 and 2003, users have to enable IMAP encryption or non-encryption based on the requirement. Both the configurations require separate port numbers.
If IMAP encryption is enabled and the port number used in the setting is for non-encryption this can cause issues. Similarly, if IMAP non-encryption is enabled and the port number used in the setting is for encryption then this will cause Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. Therefore, make sure to use appropriate port numbers while configuring IMAP encryption or non-encryption settings.
Causes of Outlook error 0x800ccc0e in Outlook 2007 and 2010
The scenario is slightly different in Outlook 2007 and 2010, the user can choose to enable encryption or disable encryption from the drop-down list. The options shown are SSL or TLS.
SSL works with IMAP Server encryption port on the other hand TLS works with IMAP Server disabled-encryption port. On entering inappropriate port details with IMAP server settings, users might see a different type of error message.
Hence, it is always advised that users configure IMAP settings properly and enter appropriate port numbers to avoid any Outlook error 0x800ccc0e.
Ways to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
There are numerous ways to fix the issue. Some preferred solutions are given below by the experts.
- Fixing Outlook error 0x800ccc0e Windows 10 by Checking the server connectivity
- Fixing Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e by changing SMTP Port Number
- Change the Antivirus Setting or Disable the Installed Antivirus Software
- Clear the outgoing messages stuck in your Outbox
Let’s check out all the possible solutions one by one and find the perfect solution that works for you.
Solution 1: Fixing Outlook error 0x800ccc0e Windows 10 by Checking the server connectivity
Follow the steps given below to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0e which is caused when MS Outlook is unable to authenticate the outgoing server (SMTP). The following steps will help you eradicate the cause and fix the issue once and for all. In case you face any queries while following the steps given below, feel free to reach us for instant Outlook support.
- To begin, open the Microsoft Outlook account.
- Next, go to Open File and Tools. Then click on Account Settings.
- Then in the next step, click on the Email option and select your outlook email account which is showing the error.
- In the new window, you will see your emails open.
- Next, click on ‘More settings’ to open the Outgoing server settings.
- In the next step, click on the check box ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires the authentication’.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button to confirm the changes.
- Once the process is completed, Restart your Outlook account and check if the error is resolved.
Once the changes are made, this will probably troubleshoot the issue. In case the issue persists, move to the next possible solution.
Solution 2: Fixing Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e by changing SMTP Port Number
Another possible solution to fix the error is changing the Outgoing server SMTP port number. The post number must be 25 or 587 other than these any number will cause issues while using Outlooking mail. To change the port number, follow the steps given below and fix the issue on your own.
In case you need any assistance queries while following the steps given below, feel free to reach us for instant Outlook support.
- To begin the process, Go to your Microsoft Outlook application and open your email account.
- Next, go to the Tools option present in the menu bar.
- Then, in the next step, click on the ‘Account settings’ option.
- Next, select the Email tab followed by clicking on your email account.
- In the next step, a pop-up window will appear asking the user to change the email account.
- Next, select the ‘More settings’ option.
- In the next step, you will see ‘Internet E-mail Settings’. Go to the Advanced tab given on the top and set
the outgoing server SMTP to 587 port number.
- Then click on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Once the changes are made, this will probably troubleshoot the issue. Try sending the mail from your outlook email account, in case the issue persists, move to the next possible solution.
Solution 3: Change the Antivirus Setting or Disable the Installed Antivirus Software
Antivirus settings protect the system from any virus or malicious activities. However, it often tends to restrict emails from working fine and cause errors. Therefore, users might want to disable their antivirus or scanners in their system for some time to enable the proper functioning of the emailing system. This might fix your issue once and for all.
Solution 4: Clear the outgoing messages stuck in your Outbox
Another possible solution to resolve the ongoing error code outlook error 0x800ccc0e in Windows 10 is by deleting all the outgoing messages stuck in Outbox. For this, follow the underlying steps-
- Go to Microsoft Outlook email account.
- Next, go to Settings and select the Send/Receive tab
- Next, select Work Offline mode
- Finally, select your Outbox folder, and delete the message or move them to drafts and send them later.
In the Nutshell:
Even the slightest alteration in the Outlook IMAP configuration can cause changes in the port number leading to Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. However, the solutions given above in this blog are tried and tested by the experts. So, try the solutions above one by one and fix this issue on your own. In case none of the above solutions work for you feel free to connect with the Outlook support team and get your issue fixed instantly.