My Outlook Crashing | How Can I fix it?
When a user uses Outlook for their many work-related tasks, its crashing can be extremely destructive. If you are unable to open Outlook as it crashes every time. However, if Outlook keeps crashing, then you won’t be able to retrieve the message, check your calendar, or do any other task. Luckily, if you experience any crash or any crashing errors in your outlook, then the below-defined fixes might give you a grip over the problem before you connect to the Outlook Technical Support team for assistance. The fixes will assist you to identify the problem of crashing and fixing it:
Also Check, Why: Outlook Calendar Appointments Not Showing
Why Outlook Crashes?
Behind Outlook crashing, there are different reasons, and there is a chance that one of these reasons is causing problems in your outlook. But such problems usually occur out of nowhere and make it a little exhausting to figure out the main reason for a crash.
Why does Outlook keep crashing?
And you never know, your Outlook might stop crashing by following any crash fixes. So, keep an eye on the common reasons behind Outlook crashing ad fixes discussed below:
- Corrupted PST File: Usual behavior of the PST file can be the reason behind the outlook crashing problem.
- MS Outlook profile corrupts: Sometimes, the MS Outlook profile corrupts due to which software crashes.
- Damaged Data Items: The Corrupted Configuration file may cause your outlook to crash. Also, emails without original attachments can also corrupt the MS Outlook software.
What are the symptoms of the MS Outlook Crashes Issue?
The most common symptoms of the MS Outlooks Crashing are as follows:
- Outlook Stops Responding.
- Outlook does not work when users start it.
- Outlooks 365 keeps crashing when the user does not use the software actively.
- Something is wrong with the system hardware.
- Microsoft Outlook crashing on startup.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Outlook Crashing Issue:
Update MS Outlook
The first and most effective way to resolve Microsoft Outlook crashing is by keeping your Outlook up to date. Most of the time the problem only requires one fix and that is; updating your outlook. Even checking for the update is easy, all you need to do is:
- Open any Office application.
- Choose File.
- Then select Account> Product Information> Update options.There, check whether the Updates are enabled or not.
- If not then, Enable updates> Update Now. Wait for the update to get complete.
- After that, Reboot your system and then restart Outlook.
Note: MS Office 365 is compatible with Outlook. So don’t forget to check your windows update, as the company may have discovered and fixed the crash in their new update.
Download Outlook Diagnostic Tool
If your Outlook doesn’t require an update or still crashes after the update. Then, the Diagnostic tool for Outlook is another fix that you can use to identify the cause and fix it. So, how to do it!
- Firstly, get your hands on Ms-Office Support and Recovery Assistant. Now, install the support and recovery assistant, wait for the installation to get over.
- After installation is finished, run the Diagnostic tool.
Also Read: How To Archive Emails In Outlook
Is your Outlook Still stuck? Here is what you need to do:
If MS Outlook keeps crashing with a message “Outlook has stopped working”, Choose the issue and wait for Sara to run some diagnostic checks. Sara will identify possible solutions to fix connectivity issues of outlook.
Manually to Fix Outlook Crashing Issue
Most of the time manual fixes work fine to resolve Microsoft Outlook keeps crashing. So you can also manage your outlook crashes on your own. All you need do is follow the steps that are given below:
Check for the possible errors with Addons.
- Firstly, you need to close the outlook application.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows + R key from your keyboard.
- In case you are using a Windows 7 version, you can click on the Start button, type Run, and hit the Run button.
- After this, type ‘Outlook/Safe’ in the search box.
- Hit the Ok button.
- If the problem is resolved, go to the File menu bar, and select the ‘Option’.
- Click on the ‘Add Ins’.
- Select ‘COM Add Ins’, and click on the Go option.
- Choose the ‘clear all checkboxes’ option from the list, and hit the Ok button.
- Restart the outlook and see if it works.
Reinstall MS Outlook diagnostic.
- Go to the Control Panel, click an option to uninstall a program.
- Here, you will see the list of installed applications. Right-click on the entry for installing MS Office.
- After that, click the “Repair” option.
Create a new MS Outlook profile.
- Firstly, go to the Control Panel and choose the Mail option.
- Click “Show Profiles”.
- Select the profile you would like to remove, click the ‘Remove’ option.
Important: When you remove the profile, it will also remove the associated data files. If you are not sure about the data backup, then you should not remove the complete profile.
- After this, hit the “Add” option.
- Provide a name for the desired profile under the ” profile name dialogue box”.
- Here, you have to provide the necessary credentials like username, password, and primary SMTP address.
- Then, hit the next button.
- Now you may see the following messages appearing on your screen “Allow the webpage to configure server settings”?
- For this message, you have to click on the checkbox named ” Do not ask me about this website again”.
- When the message prompts, provide the login details and hit the Ok button.
- Once you are done with the setup, click on the Finish button.
We hope that the above-mentioned steps will help you to troubleshoot the outlook crashing issue on your computer. The mentioned guidelines are reliable, easy-to-follow, and let you fix the problem.
Best Way to Resolve Outlook from Crashing
In case, you still find the Outlook crashing problem hard to handle on your own, and are actively looking for a safe and secure solution to tackle the issue, get in touch with the experts. With professional support, you can ensure the best solution to your problem. Expert support is available all around the clock, so you can contact them anytime you want. They can also suggest the best possible solution to easily restore the highly damaged Outlook data files without losing any of its data. Also, the professionals can share some useful tips with you that can help you to make the best use of Outlook services.
You’ll find Outlook getting used in almost every business and for professional purposes. There is no doubt Outlook made business processes smoother and more manageable. In the end, it is just software vulnerable to human error; and some software errors too. But IT companies are there, working hard to resolve software errors and giving us a flawless experience. And as a user, be more aware of software updates. And if you still face Outlook keeps crashing issue, then Outlook Technical Support is there to assist you. Call the experts today to get immediate professional assistance.