Microsoft Outlook is the world’s famous email client for its incomparable features and flawless email sending/receiving function. However, procuring back-to-back email constantly on Outlook account, the mailbox can be filled with unnecessary items. At such a certain point, there is no better option than decluttering your Outlook Mailbox. Though, despite deleting your unwanted items, transfer them to Archive Folder so that you can anytime access those emails. In this guide, we will teach you How To Archive Emails In Outlook. And you can easily archive the items without putting much effort at a minimal time. Thus, stay tuned, and continue reading to learn its efficacious ways to archive your emails with ease.
When Should I Use Outlook Archive And Online Archive?
When Outlook inbox is messed with superfluous messages, that time, it is required to Use Outlook Archive And Online Archive. You can easily move your non-urgent Outlook mails or messages to the Archive folder. This will effectively help you to keep your inbox well-organized and professional look.
What Happens When You Archive Emails In Outlook?
When you Archive Emails In Outlook, it will free up some space in your Outlook Mailbox. You can keep a record of everything sent or received items in the Archive folder and further they will be easily accessible. Moreover, if you are really running out of space in your Outlook mail account, archiving is the only useful option.
How To Archive Emails In Outlook?
Archiving is basically something like your entire email that you have chosen to keep part-wise from your main Outlook mailbox. However, you can archive any of your emails, calendars, or items on both Outlook for web and Outlook for desktop.
- Archiving an email in Outlook for web means transferring the emails from the inbox folder to the Archive folder.
- Archiving in Outlook for desktop means moving your emails from the main PST file to a new PST file.
Beneath, we will show you How To Archive Emails In Outlook on both Outlook for web and for desktop. Hence, let’s get connected with us!
Required Steps To Archive Emails In Outlook For Web
Archiving emails in Outlook for the web is much easier than doing it in the desktop app. By clicking a few options the selected emails will be archived. Here’s the process:
- First and foremost, browse “Outlook.com” and log in to your email account with the correct credentials.
- Next, on the left panel, click the “Inbox” folder where all your emails are stored.
- Thereafter, select the emails that you want for Outlook Archive from the right pane.
- Next, press a tap on the “Archive” option at the top menu bar.
- If you mistakenly archived an email, just tap the “Undo” button at the bottom to get it back.
- Furthermore, click the “Archive” folder to view all your archived emails.
Manual Steps To Archive Emails In Outlook
When you archive items manually, you can control email archives. Manual archiving emails allow you to send your real emails to the archive as and when you need to. To use this method, follow the below-noted directives:
- Launch Outlook on your computer.
- Click the “File” menu in the top-left corner.
- Now, go to the “Info” tab on the left, then select the “Tools” and “Clean Up Old Items” tab.
- A dialog box appears letting you configure your manual email archive.
- You can see two options at the top. You can decide what to include in your archive by selecting the one that you want to use.
- Click the “Archive this folder and all subfolders” option.
- And then, choose the folder you’d like to add to your archive.
- Under “Archive items older than”, click the drop-down button to select the specific date.
- Now, check the “Include items with the “Do not AutoArchive” check-box.
- Now, click the “Browse” tab and choose the specified folder where you want to save your Outlook archive file.
- And then, finally, click the “OK” button at the bottom to start creating an email archive in Outlook.
Once you Create Archive Folder In Outlook, you can frequently move the resulting PST file anywhere as per your choice.
Automatic Steps To Archive Emails In Outlook
AutoArchive feature in Outlook for desktop helps you to automatically Archive Emails in the Outlook app. This feature allows you to send your selected emails from Outlook main folders to the archive. Here are the complete instructive points to do so:
- Launch Outlook on Windows PC.
- Click the “File” tab at the top, and then select “Options” from the left sidebar.
- Now, on the left, place a single tap on the “Advanced” option.
- Afterward, search for the “AutoArchive” tab on the right pane.
- Once you find it, give a click on the “AutoArchive Settings” button.
- Mark a tick to the “Run AutoArchive” every particular option at the top.
- And then, make out when the feature should run in your Outlook.
- In the Default folder settings, select when an item should be archived. Usually, it is needed to specify the age of your Outlook content.
- Click the “Browse” tab and select the folder for transferring your archive file.
- Finally, press the “OK” button at the bottom to save your changes.
Whenever you want to stop Outlook from archiving your emails automatically, you can disable the AutoArchive feature anytime. Here’s how to do so:
- First, launch Outlook on your computer system.
- Click “File” at the top and select “Options”.
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Then click the “AutoArchive Settings” option on the right pane.
- Un-tick the “Run AutoArchive” option at the top.
- Finally, hit “OK” at the bottom.
- Now, until and unless you want to Archive Emails In Outlook, they won’t be transferred to the Archive folder.
How To Archive Emails In Outlook 2010?
In Outlook 2010, it is quite essential to first create an Archive file as by default Outlook doesn’t have this file. The instructive guidelines for creating the archive file and steps involved in Archive Emails In Outlook 2010 are mentioned underneath. Take a brief look at once and start following accordingly:
- Open Outlook.
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Select the “Info” tab and then click “Cleanup Tools.”
- Click on “Archive” in the drop-down box.
- In the A window that appears, change the settings to Archive:
- All your folders and subfolders.
- A single folder and all its subfolders.
- Set Outlook to Archive everything before a specified date.
- In the end, click “OK”.
- Now, the Archive file has been successfully created and attached to Outlook 2010.
- You can see an Archive section just beneath the Outlook mailbox folders on the left pane.
- Now, you can move emails to the archive by simply dropping them in the archive section in the left-sidebar.
- To bulk move emails, select the emails you want to move, and right-click on them to open the context menu.
- Thereafter, select the “Archive” folders under the folder section and click “OK” to move the emails.
This is the accurate procedure of How To Archive Emails In Outlook 2010. Implement the steps properly to move your emails from the main folder to the archive folder.
How Do I Archive Emails In Outlook For Mac?
- From your Mac computer, click “Go” in the top-left toolbar to select “Applications.”
- Now, scroll down in the Applications folder until you see the Microsoft Outlook icon.
- Once you see it, place a double-tap on its icon to sudden launch Outlook.
- Click on the “Tools” tab at the top of the Outlook window and then select “Export.”
- The Export to Archive File (.olm) window appears. Simply, select the items you want to archive and then click “Continue”.
- Now, name the archive in the “Save As:” field and choose the location of the file to be saved in the “Where:” field.
- Once you have set those fields, click the “Save” button.
- Once the process ends, you will see the message “Your data has been exported”.
- Click the “Finish” button at the bottom.
- Go to the folder where the archive is saved to ensure that the complete process has been correctly done.
How To Archive Emails In Outlook 365?
Here is How To Archive Emails In Outlook 365. But before start using the below-noted steps, make sure the archive mailbox is enabled.
- First, log in to Outlook using Office 365 account.
- Now, open the folder from where you want to Archive Emails In Outlook 365.
- Select the specified emails and place a right-click on them.
- A wizard will appear on the Window screen.
- Press the “Archive” button to move those selected emails to the archive mailbox.
How To Retrieve Archived Emails In Outlook?
A few days back, the emails get deleted from the archive folder. Today, you notice this thing and now want to Retrieve Archived Emails In Outlook. So, here are the instructions to get back your archived emails:
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Under the File section, select “Open & Export”, and then click on the “Open Outlook Data File” option.
- Afterward, the “Open Outlook Data File” dialog box will appear.
- Next, you have to select the “.pst file” that you want to import.
- And then, click “OK”.
- Now, go to the main view.
- In the sidebar panel, you can see the folders from the archived .pst file.
- Now, choose the folder in which the archived data items are stored.
- Finally, look for the items you want to retrieve.
- Drag and drop those items to the original folders in the folder list.
Read Also- How to encrypt email in Outlook?
Take 24/7 Online Outlook Email Support From Qualified Tech-savvy
We hope that the aforementioned informative guidance has helped you to Archive Emails In Outlook. Using the above guide, you can effortlessly archive your emails in Outlook and also can get back the desired items. If, in case, you face any technical glitches, feel free to dial the Outlook Email Support number for an instant solution. One of the professional specialists will connect you in a pinch and give you a proper guide.