Forgot Verizon Email Password? Here’s How To Reset!
Often, people forget their email ID passwords. Then they spend much of their time recovering their accounts. Verizon email users also face the problem of forgetting passwords. It often makes them lose access to their data. But at such points in time, you can decide to reset Verizon email password. When you know how to reset, you won’t waste time trying to remember your old password. Resetting passwords is also of much importance when your Verizon account is hacked or blocked.
Once you do that, you can easily access your account and carry on with all your activities. In this article, you’ll learn all the different ways by which you can reset your email password.
Also Read, Why: Verizon Email not Working
Points to Note before You Reset Verizon Email Password
Before you go ahead and reset your Verizon email login password, there are a few things you need. Ensure that you have the following information with you.
- Your Verizon account username.
- Your billing zip code.
- The current answer to a secret verification question. Alternatively, you must have access to a phone that’s connected to your Verizon account.
Steps to Reset Verizon Email Password
You can reset your account password if you know your current one and also when you’ve forgotten it. The instructions to follow in both these cases are listed below.
1. Reset the Password When You Know It
In case of a known password, you can follow these steps to change or reset it. Log into your email account and adhere to these points.
- After logging in to your Verizon email account, head over to the ‘Account Settings’ from the menu.
- Next, go to the security settings and pick ‘Change Password.’
- Enter the password you currently use in its respective field.
- After doing that, hit the ‘Next‘ field.
- Here input another password for your email account.
- After confirming that your password is modified, exit the browser.
- Then log in to your Verizon email account. Use the password you’ve recently created to sign in.
2. Reset Your Password When You’ve Forgotten It
When you want to change your password but have forgotten the existing one, it’s natural to wonder ‘how to reset your Verizon email password.’ It’s not challenging to reset the password even if you’ve forgotten it. Just follow these few instructions to do it.
- Firstly, head over to http://signin.verizon.com/sso/forgotflows.
- You will be prompted to type your Verizon account password and username.
- Below this, you will notice the button ‘Forgot your info.’
- When you hit that button, you’ll be redirected to another page. On that page, there will be a set of instructions. You just need to follow them.
- You’ll be asked for a one-time password or OTP. It will come on your registered mobile number.
- It’s very important to note the OTP that comes into your mobile.
- Enter that OTP in the field that you see in the same window.
- Proceeding forward, you need to type another password two times. After doing so, hit the ‘Finish‘ button.
Note that you must write the password or click its photo so that it’s accessible to you even if you don’t remember it in the future.
How to Reset Verizon Email Password in Outlook?
If your Verizon email account is connected with your Outlook account and you forget the email password, you’ll lose access to your Outlook account too. So, it’s important to make the relevant changes to your Outlook account as well after you carry out the Verizon email password reset. Here are the steps you must adhere to for that.
- Navigate to the main window and tap the ‘Menu file‘ button.
- After that, tap the ‘Account Setting‘ menu item.
- Now, you’ll be directed to an account setting window.
- Here, tap on the Verizon account followed by tapping the ‘Change‘ link.
- The window of change accounts will open.
- In the field of ‘Password,’ type in your new password.
- Now, tap the ‘Next‘ button. It will exit the change accounts window.
- You’ll now return to the Account Setting window. Here, tap the ‘Close‘ button.
Steps to Take When Outlook isn’t Functioning
You might encounter cases when Outlook isn’t working. In such a scenario, don’t panic. Just follow these instructions.
- Head over to the ‘Control Panel‘ in your Windows.
- Input ‘Mail‘ in the search field.
- Now double-tap the ‘Mail‘ entry to see a mail setup window.
- Next, hit the ‘Email Account‘ button.
- Now tap ‘Change link.’
- You will find yourself at the ‘Change Accounts‘ window.
- Type the new password that you modified and hit ‘Next.’
- You will be redirected to the ‘Account Setting‘ window, which you can close.
Knowing how to reset your Verizon email password proves quite useful in various cases. It helps you access your email account and not lose the precious data kept inside it. If you cannot reset the password and access your account even after following the instructions above, it’s best to speak with third-party Email Technical Support services.