If you want to send and receive AOL email through a third-party email client, you are required to manually configure the servers and port numbers along with the supported AOL Mail Info. To frequently access AOL Mail messages and folders, you will have to enter the specific information about the AOL Mail and your account. AOL Mail IMAP Server Settings should be configured correctly for receiving any mail. Similarly, if you want to send your urgent mails to your office colleagues or businessman, AOL POP Settings must be configured appropriately. Sometimes, AOL users face difficulties during the configuration of their email on third-party mail applications and devices. Therefore in this blog, we describe the AOL email settings using IMAP and POP & SMTP protocol. These settings can help in setting up your AOL email account on all sorts of third party email applications and devices. Let’s read out the post!
AOL POP Settings & IMAP Email Settings Are Mentioned Underneath:
The following guides are the configuration of AOL POP Settings and AOL IMAP settings which require urgently using the AOL email setup on email applications such as Outlook, Windows 10 Mail, Thunderbird, etc. Hence, make sure the server settings are entered correctly as failure to do so can prevent the email from being accessible. Let’s do it!
AOL IMAP Email Server Settings
The below noted instructions will help you out in setting up the IMAP Server Settings:
- Your Name: Enter your name
- E-mail Address: Enter your complete email address
- Account Type: Select IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- User Name: Enter your email address
- Password: Insert the password correctly
- Once you have entered your email password, check on ‘Remember password’ box
- Then, you need to click on “More Settings” tab at the bottom right corner and click on ‘Advanced” button
- Now from there make sure that the SSL encryption is been enabled for both incoming and outgoing mail services
- Now enter the incoming port as 995 and outgoing server port as 465
- In the end, click “OK” tab to save the settings and thereafter tap “Next” to complete the setup process
AOL POP Email Server Settings
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
When you try to connect your AOL Mail account via POP from another email program, enter the below provided AOL POP Settings:
- AOL Mail POP3 server address: pop.aol.com
- AOL Mail POP username: Your AOL Mail screen name (for example, if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username name is “me”)
- AOL Mail POP password: Your AOL Mail password
- AOL Mail POP port: 995
- AOL Mail POP TLS/SSL required: Yes
AOL IMAP Settings Server Configuration
- AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com
- AOL Mail IMAP username: Your complete AOL Mail email address
- AOL Mail IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password
- AOL Mail IMAP port: 993
- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: Yes
AOL SMTP Settings
To receive or send a new email from your AOL Mail account, enter the following SMTP settings in the desired fields come-up during the account setup:
- SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com
- SMTP port: 465
- SMTP security: TLS/SSL
- SMTP username: Your full AOL Mail email address, such as email@example.com (or @love.com, @games.com, or @verizon.net)
- SMTP password: Your AOL Mail password that you use to log in to AOL Mail
Now, you are able to access AOL Mail from another email application and can also send and receive emails without any obstructions. However, the beneath features aren’t available:
- Message status: You won’t be able to recover unopened mail from AOL users and even also you can’t check the status of a sent message.
- Spam: You can’t access the Report Spam button. To report an email as spam, send it to the spam folder or junk folder of the email client.
- Deleted mail: Some email applications not showing the deleted mail. Some show deleted emails in the original folder but mark the message for deletion.
AOL always suggests its users use IMAP settings in an email client instead of POP3 server settings. However, protocols AOL POP Settings download a copy of the email from AOL. So, if you delete the email in one place, it isn’t deleted in the other. Hence, the sent email is safe and secure.
Contact To Tech-Savvy For Further Query
Dial helpline number in case you are not satisfied with the above information regarding AOL POP Settings. We are a team of highly expert techies available 24×7 for your assistance. So, put a single ring on the provided number as soon as you can and get united with them. Your doubt will definitely be cleared.