Resolve AOL mail not working on Android, iPad, iPhone, and Mac
In the tech-driven world of today, it’s hard to ignore the significance of a robust email service. Among all the popular email clients, AOL is renowned for its powerful functionalities. But it’s no exception to technical glitches either. Users often find AOL mail not working at various points in time. When this problem occurs, you cannot continue sending and receiving emails. Thus, it interrupts your workflow significantly. In this article, you’ll understand this problem in detail by knowing its causes. You’ll also learn the various fixes you can implement on Android, iPhone, and iPad devices. It’ll allow you to resolve the problem confidently.
Reasons for AOL Mail Not Working
This problem can arise due to multiple factors. You must understand the various causes that can negatively impact the functioning of your AOL account. Some probable causes include the following.
- Bad internet connectivity – Unstable or slow internet connection is a significant reason for users not being able to use their AOL email.
- Lost or forgotten AOL password – You may experience a problem signing in to your AOL account if you have forgotten your password. You will have to reset your password in this case.
- Server downtime – AOL server outage or downtime is also a prominent cause for AOL mail not working.
- Browser issues – An incompatible browser will inevitably result in AOL email problems.
- Issues with third-party email client settings – Faulty server configuration will also lead to AOL not working on MS Outlook, Gmail, and similar third-party email clients.
General Troubleshooting Tips to Follow on Finding AOL Mail Not Working
Are you unable to use AOL email on your iPhone, Android, or web browser? You need to check for a couple of things before beginning the troubleshooting processes. It might be that you don’t even need to implement the various procedures if there’s an issue with the things given below.
- Ensure that your device is linked to the network.
- Exit your browser and start it again.
- Clear all browser cookies and cache.
- Turn on the browser’s location services.
- Start your smartphone again.
- Uninstall your browser and install it again.
- Update your device’s operating system version.
Troubleshoot AOL Mail Not Working on Android, iPhone, iPad, and Mac
There are specific troubleshooting techniques to follow for different devices. In the sections below, you’ll understand how to fix this problem on different operating systems.
1. Resolve AOL mail not functioning on Android.
AOL mail not working on Android is a common problem. Follow these steps to resolve it on your Android device quickly.
- On your Android device, open AOL mail.
- Input your login credentials
- Now, open the Outgoing and Incoming mail server settings
- Choose the option of ‘Manual Setup’.
- Tap the ‘IMAP account settings’ option and input the following information.
- aol.com is the ‘AOL Mail IMAP server address
- Input your entire AOL email address in the field of ‘AOL Mail IMAP Username’.
- Input your AOL mail password in the field of ‘AOL Mail IMAP password’.
- 993 is the ‘AOL Mail IMAP port.’
- Choose Yes for ‘AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required’.
- Tap ‘Next‘ and go to SMTP preferences. Enter the following information
- aol.com is the ‘SMTP Outgoing server address’.
- Input your entire AOL email id in the field of ‘SMTP Username’.
- Input your AOL mail password in the field of ‘SMTP password’.
- 465 is the ‘SMTP port’.
- The ‘SMTP Security‘ is ‘TLS/SSL’.
- Save these settings and exit the application.
2. Fix AOL mail not functioning on iPad
If you find your AOL mail not functioning on iPad, you can try a simple troubleshooting method. Adhere to the steps given here to resolve this problem.
- Navigate to iPad ‘Settings,’ and head over to the option of ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’.
- Choose your AOL email account and see if you have typed the right email address.
- Check if you can locate imap.aol.com in the field of ‘Host Name.’ if you cannot find it, input it again.
- Tap the ‘SMTP‘ option and ensure that smtp.aol.com is the main server. Also, see whether the server switch is turned on.
- Navigate to the home screen and check if you can properly use the AOL email account. These steps will allow you to fix the issue of AOL mail not working on iPad.
3. Resolve the AOL mail problem on iPhone
Many iPhone users find that they are not receiving emails on their AOL account on iPhone. Follow these points on noticing AOL mail not working on iPhone
- Launch the AOL control panel. For it, swipe up the screen of your device. Then, toggle the airplane icon to switch it on.
- Next, switch off the airplane mode and check if you can receive emails.
- If not, navigate to the ‘Settings‘ and go to the ‘General’ option.
- Choose the option of ‘Reset‘ and go to ‘Reset Network Settings’.
- Re-launch your AOL mail and see if you are receiving your emails.
- If you still find AOL mail not working on iPhone, delete the AOL email account from your device. Then add it again. For it, navigate to ‘Settings‘ and then to ‘Passwords and Accounts.
- Choose the AOL account from the list of accounts and tap ‘Delete Account’.
- Navigate back to ‘Settings‘ followed by ‘Passwords and Accounts’.
- Now choose ‘Add Account’.
- Sign in to your AOL mail account and check if you can get mails on your iPhone.
4. Techniques to fix AOL mail not functioning on your Mac device
You can resolve the problem of AOL mail not working on Mac by running the Connection Doctor on your device. Go through these steps to fix this issue by using the Connection Doctor.
- Tap the ‘Mail‘ icon via the ‘Applications’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Windows’ option.
- From the menu, choose ‘Connection Doctor’.
- If you see a warning in red color, it implies that you aren’t linked to the internet.
- Navigate to the’ Accounts’ menu if you aren’t getting the emails.
- Go over to the ‘Advanced‘ tab, and untick the box near the menu of ‘Use SSL’
- Next, check your user account information and mail server settings. Modify them if needed.
- Tap the ‘Inbox‘ option. You can locate it under the option of ‘Setup AOL account.’ It will refresh the mailbox
- Start your Mac device again and check if the AOL mail problem is resolved.
If you find that even after implementing the steps above, the problem remains unresolved, uninstall and reinstall the AOL mail app.
How to Resolve the Blerk Error 1 on AOL Mail
Blerk error 1 is a message users get in the presence of an error in the authentication procedure for AOL mail. To resolve it, you should adjust the security setting of your browser. You can also fix it by updating the obsolete bookmarks of your browser.
1. Adjust the security settings of your browser
Sometimes, the security settings of your web browser can influence the way AOL mail loads. So, you should adjust the settings.
- Go over to the ‘Settings’ tab and then to ‘View Advanced Settings’.
- Now go to the ‘Cookies’ tab. It is there in the ‘Privacy and Services’.
- Next, block the cookies and those that accrue from third-parties. As they keep lots of data from senders, it results in you experiencing the Blerk error 1.
2. Update the old bookmarks of the browser
AOL Mail’s URL modifies over time. So, if you bookmark an outdated link, it won’t work anymore. To update the obsolete bookmarks and fix the problem of AOL mail not working, follow these steps.
- Go to the ‘Tools’ option and choose ‘Internet Options.’
- Navigate to the ‘Security‘ tab.
- Choose ‘Internet Zone.’
- Enable the ‘Protection Mode‘ by clicking it.
- Go to the ‘Internet Options.’ Add AOL mail as a trustworthy site in the ‘Trusted Sites’ It’ll stop unnecessary data from untrustworthy sites, and you’ll not encounter the error anymore.
How to Troubleshoot the AOL Mail Error Code 521
You can troubleshoot the AOL mail error code 521 in a few simple steps. Consider the following points.
- First, check that your device’s operating system is updated.
- Utilize disc clean up and delete all junk files.
- Execute a comprehensive scan through an antivirus. It’ll free your system from any virus.
- Use the ‘Windows System Restore’ option to undo the modifications made by you that might be causing the problem.
Also Check: AOL POP Settings
Now you won’t feel panicked whenever you find your AOL mail not working. The resolutions in this article will allow you to tackle this problem confidently. But don’t worry if your AOL mail doesn’t work even after implementing these measures. You can reach out for expert AOL customer support services. The technical experts are there to handle all your queries anytime.