How to Sync AOL Mail Using AOL POP Settings?
AOL POP Settings must be configured appropriately if you want to send your urgent mails to your office colleagues or businessman. AOL Mail IMAP Server Settings configure correctly for receiving any mail. Sometimes, AOL users face difficulties during the configuration of their email on third-party mail applications and devices. Therefore in this blog, we describe the AOL POP Settings for Verizon. These settings can help in setting up your AOL email account on all sorts of third-party email applications and devices. Let’s read out the post!
AOL POP Settings & IMAP Email Settings Are Mentioned Underneath:
The following guides are the configuration of AOL POP Settings and AOL IMAP settings which require urgently using the AOL email setup on email applications such as Outlook, Windows 10 Mail, Thunderbird, etc. Hence, make sure the Verizon AOL email settings correct. As failure to do so can prevent the email from being accessible. Let’s do it!
AOL IMAP Email Settings
The below instructions will help you out in setting up the IMAP Server Settings:
- Your Name: Enter your name
- E-mail Address: Enter your complete email address
- Account Type: Select IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- User Name: Enter your email address.
- Password: Insert the password correctly.
- Once you enter your email password, check on the ‘Remember password’ box.
- Then, you need to click on the “More Settings” tab at the bottom right corner and click on the ‘Advanced” button.
- Next, make sure that the SSL encryption enables both incoming and outgoing mail services.
- Now enter the incoming port as 995 and the outgoing server port as 465.
- In the end, click the “OK” tab to save the settings and thereafter tap “Next” to complete the setup process.
AOL POP Email Server Settings
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
When you try to connect your AOL Mail account via POP from another email program, enter the AOL POP Settings for Verizon:
- pop.aol.com- AOL Mail POP3 server address
- Type your AOL Mail screen name (for example, if your email address is [email protected], your username name is “me”)- AOL Mail POP username
- Mail password- AOL Mail POP password
- 995- AOL Mail POP port
- Yes- AOL Mail POP TLS/SSL required
Also Read: AOL Mail Login Problems
AOL IMAP Settings Server Configuration
- imap.aol.com- AOL Mail IMAP server address
- Your complete AOL Mail email address- AOL Mail IMAP username
- Mail password- AOL Mail IMAP password
- 993- AOL Mail IMAP port
- Yes- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required
AOL SMTP Settings
To receive or send a new email from your AOL Mail account, enter the following SMTP settings in the desired fields that come up during the account setup:
- smtp.aol.com- SMTP Outgoing Server Address
- 465- SMTP port
- TLS/SSL- SMTP security
- Your full AOL Mail email address, such as [email protected] (or @love.com, @games.com, or @verizon.net)- SMTP username
- SMTP password: Your AOL Mail password that you use to log in to AOL Mail
Now, you are able to access AOL Mail from another email application. However, the beneath features aren’t available:
- Message status: You won’t be able to recover unopened mail from AOL users. And even also you can’t check the status of a sent message.
- Spam: You can’t access the Report Spam button. To report an email as spam, send it to the spam folder or junk folder of the email client.
- Deleted mail: Some email applications not showing the deleted mail. Some show deleted emails in the original folder but mark the message for deletion.
AOL always suggests its users use IMAP settings in an email client instead of POP3 server settings. However, protocols AOL POP Settings download a copy of the email from AOL. So, if you delete the email in one place, it isn’t deleted in the other. Hence, the sent email is safe and secure.
Contact To Tech-Savvy For Further Query
Dial the helpline number if you are unable to configure AOL POP Settings with the above information. We are a team of highly expert techies available 24×7 for your assistance. So, put a single ring on the provided number as soon as you can and get united with them. Your doubt will definitely be cleared.