Normally, the error 212 in AOL mail befalls at the time of sending mails via messenger to the other users from one AOL Desktop Gold user account. Now, what occurs here is Windows displays a message addressing “sorry for the annoyance. We are unable to perform your task because of error 212”. However. this error is very common and thus, its resolution is so simple. You can resolve it by performing some simple steps. Here in this write-up, you will get the easiest steps to get rid of AOL Error 212. In case, if you find any difficulty performing these steps, then contact our experts. They will help you out to fix your issue as soon as possible.
Symptoms of AOL Desktop Install Error 212
Given below are the symptoms of error 212 in AOL
- The first symptom is the constant appearance of the error message.
- The Windows OS getting sluggish.
- Continuous freezing, crashing, hanging of your system.
- Also, the program crashes at the time of running the same programs.
- Maybe your keyboard and mouse responding way slower.
Reasons Behind AOL Desktop Error 212
Here is a list of several reasons behind AOL Desktop Error 212. They are as follows:
- Inappropriate Installation: A corrupt installation of AOL instant messenger on the system is most susceptible for this error to occur.
- Corrupted Registry Files: If something is not correct with the registry entries, be it corruption or mistaken entries. Then, in that case, you are most likely to encounter this error.
- Planned or Accidental Removal of Files: It also refers to as insider threats. Any file in your system has been deliberately deleted or accidentally. Although it could be a major reason for such kind of AOL error.
- Malware or Virus Infection: Major and most dangerous factors to cause most of the AOL errors are viruses. Cyber-attack shave gone really very common nowadays, so it is better to be cyber safe.
Steps to fix AOL Desktop Install Error 212
Given below are the easy steps to fix this AOL error 212 manually. Prudently follow each of these:
- Resolve Windows Registry Files: Firstly, search for any corruption in the registry files entries in Windows.
- Run A Scan: Rapidly run a scan for any sort of viruses or ransomware in your system. Also, ensure to get your system virus-free.
- Update Your System Drivers: Go for the new versions of the system drivers and as frequently you find one, then update it.
- Clean-Up the Temp or Junk Files: Access the built-in clean-up tool to delete the unwanted files from your system. Now, perform the steps given below. These steps are for Windows 8, 8.1:
- First, open the Control Panel and click on the option“Administrative Tools”. Now, select the“Disk Clean-up” option.
- Now, select the drive on which you wish to run Disk Cleanup in the Drives list.
- Next, choose all the files that you find unnecessary. After that, click OK.
- In the end, tap on “Delete files”.
- Reinstate Windows and Restart AOL: It is time to restore your Windows System and after that, uninstall and re-install your AOL Instant Messenger.
- Update the Windows: Upgrade your Windows to the current version if yet not been updated.
- After that, check for the AOL desktop install error 212, fixes or not.
In case AOL Error 212 is still there, you can also talk to the experts to solve this error. Just dial the toll-free number and get assistance. However, the best part is that you can call round the clock.