Microsoft Outlook is a standalone email client use to transfer emails, contacts, and calendar items from one email account to another. Suppose you have a Microsoft 365 mailbox and a Gmail account, you can add them to Outlook without any obstacles. Afterward, you can access Outlook anytime to Backup Outlook Emails or any items from your Gmail account. Furthermore, you can import Outlook items as well to your Microsoft 365 mailbox. Generally, the Outlook email manager saves the data in PST and OST files. Therefore, you can save your crucial Outlook info as a backup. In this post, we will show you How To Backup Outlook Emails in an effortless manner. Thus, let’s read it out from top-to-toe to learn.
Why Do You Need To Backup Outlook?
Backup Outlook is required to perform because of unforeseen circumstances. The possibilities that may happen are:
- Files are getting corrupted all of sudden.
- Unintentionally deleting the Outlook mails.
- Hardware is probably getting malfunctioned.
- The Windows system is getting crashed.
- Installation of malicious software.
Any of these above adverse situations will cause damaging/losing your Outlook data. So, here what all that matters is to save important Outlook data or emails via making a backup of those files. Backing up your Outlook is the ultimate way to safeguard your personal as well as crucial data from being lost. Therefore, know How To Backup Outlook via this blog if you are not tech-savvy.
Methods To Backup Outlook Emails In A Simple Way
There are several efficient ways by which you can frequently Backup Outlook Emails. We have compiled all the possible methods in order to save Outlook emails. So, if you are an Outlook user wandering to gain productive guidance, you are in the right place. Keep reading to learn how to save emails from Outlook and move emails from one Outlook account to another for safety.
Method 1: How To Backup Outlook Emails Online
Most of the Outlook versions have an option to export all viable items into a file. However, there is a standard set of steps you can go through. An Outlook PST file will be generated and hence you can save it to your Outlook Emails Online. The suitable instructions for the same are mentioned underneath:
- First and forecast, you have to launch Outlook.
- Next, need to tap on the “File” button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Afterward, press the “Open & Export” tab from the drop-down menu on the left side of the window.
- To open the import-and-export wizard, place a single tap on the “Import/Export” button.
- After that, choose “Export to a file” and then navigate down to press the “Next” button.
- Now, select “Outlook Data File (.PST)” and the folder or account to backup.
- Thereafter, browse the location where to save the PST file and click the “Finish” button.
- Furthermore, validate the password to the resultant PST file if you don’t want others to access your files.
- Now, finally, press the “OK” button for saving the changes.
- At last, go to the backup folder and double-check the files that you recently backed up are still there.
Method 2: How To Backup Outlook Contacts
It is always a good idea to backup your data on a regular basis especially Backup Outlook Contacts. This helps you to recover all your contact information back if they have been lost due to a system crash. Moreover, you will have a copy of all your contacts that you can load anytime into Outlook. To backup your contacts, execute the following instructions:
- Launch Outlook.
- Navigate to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Click “Export to a file”, and then press the “Next” tab.
- Click on the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” tab, and tap the “Next” button.
- Place a single tap on the “Contacts” tab from the listed folders.
- And then click “Next”.
- Click on the “Browse” tab to choose a specific location.
- Afterward, provide a name for your backup file, and then click “Finish”.
- If you want to not give anybody access to your files, use the encryption and password settings.
- In the end, click the “OK” button to end up the process.
Additionally, if you would like to load the backed-up contacts into Outlook later, simply import the file to Outlook. Your Outlook Contacts will remain safe and secure.
Method 3: How To Backup Outlook Emails To External Hard Drive
Here’s the manual method of How to Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive. Let’s go through one by one guided instructions:
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook on your Windows Desktop.
- Click on the “File” menu and then navigate to “Open and Export” > “Import/Export”.
- When you are inside the “Import / Export” wizard, make a selection of the “Export to file” option.
- Now, opt for “Outlook data file (.pst)” and press “Next”.
- If a user wants to Backup Outlook Emails To External Hard Drive, he/she should connect the external hard drive.
- Click on the “Browse” tab just to select the external hard drive from the list of storage devices. After that create a name for the backup file and then click OK.
- Finally, hit the “Next” > “Finish” button.
- If you would like to secure the messages, enter the password when prompted.
- After that, press a single click on the “OK” tab.
Method 4: How To Backup Outlook 2010 Emails
Here’s the accurate course of action to Export/Backup Outlook 2010 Emails. Let’s implement stepwise:
- Launch Outlook 2010 Application.
- At the top of the Outlook ribbon, click the “File” tab and select “Options” from the appeared list.
- In the Outlook Options window, choose the “Advanced” tab.
- In the next step, choose “Export” > “Export to a file”.
- Now, moving on by pressing the “Next” button.
- After that, select “Outlook Data File (.pst)”, and then click “Next”.
- Select the desired folder name to export.
- Also, ensure that the “Include subfolders” check box has a ticked mark. This verifies that everything like Calendar, Contacts, and Inbox will be exported.
- Now, press the “Next” button.
- After that, click on the “Browse” tab to select the preferred location to save the Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Click OK to continue.
- In the end, click the “Finish” tab.
- Now, the Outlook Emails will start exporting immediately unless a new Outlook Data File (.pst) is created.
- Provide the “Password” to protect the file against other users.
- Finally, press the “OK” button.
The above are the exact procedures of How To Export Emails From Outlook with ease. Feel free to apply each step properly.
Method 5: How To Save Outlook Emails To Hard Drive
If you want to find the location of Outlook emails and copy .pst files to another hard drive, follow the steps:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook > Click “File” and select “Account Settings”.
- Press “Data Files” and then check out the exact location of Outlook .pst and .ost files on your PC.
- If you want to open the PST or OST file in Windows Explorer, click “Open File Location”.
- If you want to copy Outlook .pst/.ost to an internal/external hard drive, follow the exact path to obtain saved files:
- Press the “Win + R” keys altogether on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. And then, type: %APPDATA% and hit the “OK” tab.
- Or else, you can navigate to the exact location where Outlook saves your .pst or .ost files.
- Afterward, you can copy .pst or .ost files and Save Outlook Emails To Hard Drive as a backup.
This is how you can bring your important files safe and secure.
Method 6: How To Save Outlook Emails To Hard Drive Without PST
There are limited approaches to Save Outlook Emails To Hard Drive Without PST. In the beneath section, we have discussed the most possible ways. Step by step give it a try:
Way 1: Save Outlook Emails in MSG Format
Saving Outlook files/emails to the MSG folder is quite easy and flawless. Get quick guidelines to record your Outlook items to the external hard drive:
First, you have to make a final selection of your desired location where you would want to archive.
After making a selection, create a new folder in that location to Save Outlook Emails.
Now, open Outlook and go to the email folder you want to store the Outlook data.
Press “Ctrl + A” keys simultaneously to select all emails.
Now, drag all the selected emails and drop them in the folder you have recently created.
Doing this will automatically save those entire Outlook emails in MSG format.
Way 2: Save Outlook Emails In CSV Format
Another potential way To Save Outlook Emails To Hard Drive even without PST files is to save them in CSV format. For this, you will probably have the Import/Export feature of Outlook. Let’s give a glance at the process to do so as simple as possible:
- Launch Outlook and click the “File” menu.
- Click the “Open & Export” tab and select the “Import/Export” option from the menu.
- Now, choose the “Export to a File” option and press the “Next” button.
- In the next step, choose “Comma Separated Value” and then click “Next.”
- Now, under the “Select folder to export from” Window, choose the specified folder you want to export from. Always recommended to choose “Inbox”.
- Once you choose it, click “Next” to continue.
- Choose the location for the exported file. For this, click the “Browse” button and specify a path.
- Press “Next”.
- Now, moving forward, give a check to [Export “Email messages” from folder: Inbox] option.
- And then, click the “Map Custom Fields” tab.
- Now, you will see the two partitions i.e., “From:” and “To:” on your new Window screen. Drag fields you want to save from the “From partition” and drop them to the “To partition”.
- After dragging the Outlook Emails and dropping them into the specific folder hit the “OK” tab.
- Click on the “Finish” button to complete the process.
Method 7: How To Backup Outlook Emails Mac
Time Machine is a backup software program comprised of the Apple OS X operating system. In order to access it, an external storage system like an external hard drive is extremely required. Turn “Time Machine” on to automatically make copies of the files routine-wise on your computer. Use Time Machine to browse through backups to restore the lost or damaged copies of your files. Here’s the complete guide to turning Time Machine on to Backup Outlook Emails Mac:
- On the “Apple” menu, choose “System Preferences” > “Time Machine”.
- In the Time Machine dialog box, toggle Time Machine to switch it on.
- Now, choose “Select Backup Disk”.
- Select the precise location where you want to back up your files, and then choose “Use Disk”.
- Make sure that the Time Machine is set to “Back Up Automatically.”
- Once you are sure about it, your files will now back up regularly.
Read Also- Quick Fixes For Outlook Calendar Not Syncing
Obtain 24/7 Online Outlook Email Support For Additional Info
Hope you have seriously gone through the aforementioned different alternative methods and finally be able to Backup Outlook Emails. If you come across any complicated hurdles while performing the proffered guidelines, take Outlook Email Support. The talented and qualified technical team is working hard round the clock to lend you an effective hand. Thus, contact them via dialing the helpline number. Stay tuned unless you have the proficiency to backup your Outlook Emails or other items.