Are you unable to reset Outlook password and need help? Go through the steps mentioned in the article carefully to learn how to reset your Microsoft Outlook password. If you face any issue with the procedure, feel free to give us a call and let our Outlook Technical Support help you right away.
Why Should You Reset Your Outlook Password Often?
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email server client like Gmail, Rediffmail. There are millions of users who use Outlook accounts on a daily business for their personal and enterprise usages. People use these applications on multiple devices or multiple locations. Hence there is always a possibility of data breaching no matter how careful you remain. It is highly advisable to change the passwords at frequent intervals like 30 days or 90 days.
- Don’t keep the names or numeric digits as passwords.
- Always use the combinations of Upper case letters, lower case letters, numerics, and symbols in order to create a more strong password.
- You should also keep an extra layer of security for your Outlook Account such as Two Factor Authentication, OTP Verification, Trusted Devices.
All business enterprises across the globe follow these protocols in order to remain secure and retain their data safe. However, not everyone is a tech freak, especially elder people. Here we are going to discuss, How to reset the Microsoft Outlook password on Android, or on iPhone?
How to Reset your Outlook Password On Office 365?
Follow the steps below to reset your Outlook password in easy steps. If your Microsoft 365 is on automatic update and it updates on a monthly basis.
- Select File then Click Account Settings. Click on Update Password. Update the Password and click OK.
If you have Microsoft 365 with semi-annual updates or having previous versions.
- Click on File followed by Info, Click on Account Settings, and then Manage Profiles.
- A pop-up with the title “Mail Setup-Outlook” will come up. Select the option ‘Email Account’ which allows you to set up email account and directories.
- A new tab with the heading ‘Account setting’ will appear. Click on the option “Email”. Then click on the ‘Change’ button.
- Select the Email id. In the ‘Change Account’ window. Go to the ‘Logon Information’ section and click on the ‘Next button. Wait for a few seconds for the task to be completed. Once they are done, a green checkmark will appear in front of them. Now click on the ‘Close’ button to exit.
How To Reset Outlook Password On iPhone?
People use different devices based on the different operating systems. If you are an iPhone or iPad user and wondering how to reset Outlook password on iPhone then follow the steps. Please keep in mind that you can only update your password into the app only if you have already changed your Outlook password.
- Click on the Outlook App. Tap on Sign In.
- Enter your Email ID and new password. Click on Sign In.
- You can sign in to your iOS device once you are done.
How To Reset Outlook Password On Android From Outlook.com?
If you are using Outlook as an email server client it is quite easy to change the email client password. Still, some of us can have trouble while changing the Microsoft Outlook password. If you feel so, then follow the steps to change the password and keep your account secure.
- First of all open your browser, type Outlook.com in the address bar.
- Enter the Email and password to log in. go to the ‘Security’ then” Password Security”. And click on the ‘Change my password’ to reset your Outlook password.
- Next, enter the current password and then enter a new password with a combination of characters. Re-enter the new password again in the Password box. Click on Save to Proceed further.
You will have an option there to get the notification to change the password for an interval of every 72 days. You can check that option if you want to get a notification for changing passwords. Once the password is changed successfully. You have to enter the new Outlook password on your Android email app to access the Outlook account.
We hope you’ve finally understood how to reset Outlook password. Changing or resetting it is not a heavy task. You can either do it manually or take the help of software as mentioned above. As it can reset, remove and recover PST password which is already password protected. This is quite a convenient feature if you have forgotten your password. Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client-server and you should keep the account secure in order to avoid the loss of data.