AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104 | Complete Guide for AOL
AOL Desktop is an outstanding service software. But while accessing this software users may confront some errors. Although errors with this software are usually not being escaped. So it is very urgent to get the best suitable solution to the errors. Because of multiple reasons, errors in AOL Desktop software is been arisen. But the remedy of those nasty errors is easy. AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104 is also one of the common problems that usually occur during the installation and the update of AOL Desktop Gold software. However, this error appears suddenly and displays on the screen continuously. It also prevents the user to install AOL Desktop. Hence, this situation makes the users too much infuriating. Let’s have a look at this error!
Reasons of AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104
Following are the basic reasons due to which such an error code is been facing by the candidate. The reasons are like:
- Firstly, it occurs due to the incomplete installation of the AOL Desktop Gold.
- Because of the corrupt AOL desktop file.
- Virus or malware infection in AOL desktop gold.
- A corrupted download of AOL desktop.
- Windows registry might be corrupted due to recent browsing or downloads.
- The system is having plenty of junk files.
These all reasons may create trouble for you in resulting in AOL desktop gold error 104. However, to fix this issue, you will require to perform few steps. Although these steps are really simple if you have a technical background. But if you don’t have an idea about it you can also avail yourself assistance from the customer service provider team.
- First of all, your system starts freezing.
- The system also responds sluggishly or does not respond at all.
- System peripherals like keyboard and mouse lags.
- AOL Desktop Gold error code 104 keeps popping on-screen.
- Sometimes you will face trouble while browsing or emailing from AOL gold desktop software.
- Windows will also start crashing abruptly.
Important Tips To Avoid AOL Error Code 104
Here are the tips to help you prevent error 104 and avoid it in the future. The tips are as follows:
- Make sure your Windows are updated to the latest version.
- Ensure to keep removing junk files from your system on a regular basis.
- Always completely download and install AOL Gold. You shouldn’t do it in a hurry.
- Install and keep running the antivirus software on your system regularly. It will ensure that your system remains unaffected by viruses or malware.
- Also, ensure that your device is compatible to run AOL without hiccups. The checklist is like this:-
- First, upgrade your system to Windows 7 or the latest.
- The system should also have 1GB of RAM.
- An active and high-speed internet connection is a must.
- Internet Explorer 7+ would be needed to support AOL Desktop Gold.
- The system processor should be 266 MHz or faster.
- Your system should possess 1024 X 768 or higher screen resolution.
How Do I Fix AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104?
Resolving AOL Gold error 104 is easy and simple. However, all you have to do is to follow the below troubleshooting steps:
Step 1. Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Visit the AOL Desktop Gold website.
- Download the AOL Gold software on your system.
- Then visit the File Explorer section, open the Download folder.
- Right-click on Install_AOL_Desktop, and then click Run in the drop-down list.
- A new screen will open, then you have to click on the Install Now button.
Step 2. Restart/reboot your system
- Make sure to save the files before rebooting the system.
- Next, restart your system.
- Wait for some time until your system gets back to life.
- Now the internal system memory has been cleared.
Step 3. Repair AOL Desktop Gold
- Search for the Control Panel on your system.
- On the Control Panel window, click the Programs option.
- Now open Programs and Features and then locate AOL Gold.
- Right-click on AOL Gold and then click the Repair or Change option.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions to repair the Gold Desktop.
Step 4. Remove the Junk files
- Press Windows + R keys and that will open the Run dialogue box.
- Type cleanmgr and hit Enter.
- The Disk Cleanup screen will open.
- Choose the drives and folders for whom you want to remove the junk files.
- Finally, click Yes to confirm the junk data removal.
AOL Error Code 104 Still Troubling You? Get Help From Experts
Our experts are well versed with what’s causing AOL error code 104 and how to get at par with this issue. In case you couldn’t resolve AOL Desktop Gold error code 104 even after trying the above 4 troubleshooting steps, then you must connect with our experts. No wonder you will be finding the most reliable solution by contacting us. Get assistance today!