Instant Fixes For Synchronizing Subscribed Folders
Do you find your Outlook app hang on synchronizing subscribed folders? Well, it is a common issue that users face when they keep on downloading all the emails along with the attachments. This increases the load on Outlook and it stops working properly. However, if the same issue is troubling you, this blog has the perfect solution to resolve it. The solutions in this blog may take some time, they will surely help you to resolve the issue. So, try performing these steps dictations and also get rid of the “synchronizing subscribed folders” error in the Outlook account. However, you always have an option to contact the Outlook Technical Support team for and expert advice. So, let’s move forward and find how you can resolve the problem.
Also Check, Why: Outlook Calendar Appointments Not Showing
What does synchronizing subscribed folders in Outlook mean?
Subscribed folders are the folders present in the Outlook IMAP account, these folders are synchronized with the Outlook IMAP account on regular basis. Sometimes, users face trouble with synchronizing subscribed folders in their Outlook account as the synchronization may stop or pause anytime. When this happens, an error appears on the screen saying that something is wrong with the Outlook synchronizing folders.
Why is my Outlook stuck on synchronizing subscribed folders?
When users synchronize the IMAP account in the Outlook application, they also synchronize the subscribed folders present in the IMAP (when the option to update the image synchronization is used). Many times users face trouble with the synchronization as every time they try to synchronize, an error pops up on the screen saying that “Outlook stuck on synchronizing subscribed folders“.Let’s understand what causes the problem before we jump in to fix it.
The most common reasons are:
- You may encounter an error when the email server is unable to recognize the IMAP mail settings of the email account.
- You may not have a strong and stable internet connection leading you to the synchronization error.
- The folder is not subscribed to your Outlook account.
How to Identify Synchronization problems in Outlook?
Though the most common way to detect synchronizing subscribed folders issues is when you see your Outlook app getting stuck while working. However, the rest of the possible symptoms are as follows-
- The messages you receive in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Web App are slightly different or there is a change in sequence.
- An error message on your screen is given below:
The file can not be opened c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\<firstname.lastname@example.org> is not an Outlook data file (ost).
How do I stop Outlook from synchronizing subscribed folders?
Now that you know the reasons, go ahead and follow the simple instructions given below to troubleshoot synchronizing subscribed folders’ outlook error.
Step 1: Subscribe to the folder
Steps to follow:
- Firstly, launch the Microsoft Outlook app on your device.
- Right-click on the “Folder” name.
- After that, click the “IMAP Folders” option.
- Then choose the “subscribed” tab.
- Hit the “Query” button; it will show you the subscribed folders.
- Choose all the folders present in the list, click the “unsubscribe” option.
- If you see a prompt saying that you are unable to “unsubscribe” folder in a single go, hit the “OK” button.
- Now, go to the “All” tab.
- Click on the folders you would like to subscribe to the IMAP server. Hit the “subscribe” button.
- Disable the hierarchy and choose to display only subscribe folder menu.
- In the end, hit the “ok” button.
After this, the error resolves. The above steps can help you to fix the “synchronizing subscribed folders Outlook 2010” error on the device. Although if your problem does not resolve, then proceed with the next troubleshooting steps.
Step 2: Increase the “send and receive” time
- Open the Outlook application.
- Click the “File” menu.
- Select “options”. From this window, hit the “advanced” button.
- Now, choose the “send/ received” option.
- After this, go to the ” settings for the group all account division”.
- Here, you have to put a tick on the checkbox for including the “send/ received” option.
- After this put a check on “schedule an automatic send/ receive for every few minutes.
- select the minutes using the drop-down menu. You need to choose the maximum time range.
Hopefully, these steps will help you to resolve synchronizing subscribed folders errors in your Outlook account. If you still getting the trouble, remove the stalled emails.
Step 3: Remove stalled emails
- First of all, go to the “Outbox” folder.
- From here you have to delete all the emails stuck in it.
- Now, check whether the Outlook synchronizing folders error solves or not.
Step 4: Remove the configured IMAP account
- Now, go to the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Next, click to open the file tab.
- Choose the “account settings” option, again, click on “Account settings”.
- Here, you need to choose your account name under the “email” tab and click to remove it.
This will remove the previously configure email account. After that, you can proceed next and enter the IMAP account again.
Step 5: Add the IMAP account
- To add the IMAP account, open the outlook app.
- Go to the File tab, then choose “add account” present below the current account.
- Here, you need to provide the IMAP account login details like email id and password.
- Then hit the “connect” button to proceed with the account adding process.
- Once you successfully add an account, then you need to restart the outlook application. Click “send/ receive” option.
Your synchronizing subscribed folders in Outlook error resolves.
If you still did not get any success, then you can run the Windows with a clean boot. This will help you to resolve the synchronizing subscribed folders problem. However, this matter is helpful to resolve problems with many software and programs. As it is affecting the synchronization process by interfering with the Windows system.
Read Also- Quick Fixes For Outlook Calendar Not Syncing
To find an easy solution for synchronizing subscribed folders, you can contact the Outlook Technical Support team. And get instant support from experienced engineers who can help you to troubleshoot this issue. However, the team members are highly supportive and always come up with the best possible solution to help the users. The experts are available around the clock, which means, you can contact them anytime you want. And they will also help you to come up with the best possible solution to your problem.