Slow loading or sluggishness of Gmail can be an annoying and frustrating experience. Consequently, you become completely incapable of sending or receiving your emails. Also, your Gmail account doesn’t work according to your command. However, there might be numerous numbers of reasons which can cause Gmail Not Working problems.
Get To Know The Possible Reasons For Gmail Not Working Issue:
Below are some causes behind the occurrence of such problems:
- Installing several plug-ins and add-ons.
- Your browser is not compatible enough.
- Keeping the storage capacity of your Gmail full.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- Plug-ins is not actively working with Gmail.
- Loads of caches and cookies available in your web browser.
- Transient SMTP server settings errors.
- IMAP Gmail Not Responding
- SMTP of Gmail is not working
- Gmail Search and Send button is not working
- Unable to open the Gmail Attachments as it is not working
- Why is Gmail not opening in google chrome?
So, these ones will let you know that your Gmail won’t load at all. To avoid getting such obstacles again while working on it, you should follow below troubleshooting tips.
Check Out The Advanced Troubleshooting Methods For Gmail Not Working Issue:
1) Internet Connection Must Be Stable:
A slow or unstable internet connection can cause a slow Gmail problem. Therefore, you should first:-
- Confirm connection by navigating to other websites
- Run a speed test to assure that everything’s fine.
- Approach your internet service provider, if you have any issues with your connectivity.
2) Disable Google Hangouts Chat For The Time Being:
- Open the Gmail account and go to the ‘Setting’ option by clicking on the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Go to the ‘Chat’ section and opt for the ‘Chat Off’ option.
- Click on the ‘Save Changes’ option to disable Google hangouts.
3) Wipe Out Cookies From Your Web Browser (Google Chrome):
- Go to the ‘Google Chrome’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- At the bottom, look for the ‘Show Advanced Settings’, click on it.
- Select ‘Content settings’ from the ‘Privacy’ section.
- Now, click on the ‘All Cookies and Site Data’ available in the ‘Cookies’ section.
- Choose the ‘Remove all’ option to wipe out all cookies from your browser.
4) Consider Removing Filters
Gmail allows users to use filters for segregating incoming emails. However, having several files can be a common reason behind Gmail’s slow down problems. To remove it you should follow the steps like:
- On your first step, click the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Open the ‘Filters and Blocked Addresses’ tab, as a result, you will come across all the filters.
- Check and if you find anything unnecessary, just delete such filters on the spot.
5) Disable Antivirus Actively Running On Your System:
- Locate the Antivirus icon you are using, on the taskbar.
- Opt for the ‘Disable’ option by right-clicking on it.
- Once you click, you will be able to exit the antivirus program.
6) Uninstall And Reinstall Web Browser:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu first.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ section.
- Click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Search for the browser you want to uninstall.
- Select the ‘Uninstall’ option by right-clicking on the web browser icon.
- Once done, give a restart to your PC.
- Again go to the setup file of the browser and install it.
Fix Gmail Not Working on Android or iPhone:
Although if Gmail is not working on Android or on iPhone, then you can implement some basic methods. They are as follows:
- You must ensure the data usage has not been drained out.
- At regular intervals, it is recommended to update your app. You can update the app while visiting the Play Store(for Android users) or App Store(for iPhone users).
- In case if the above methods don’t work, then you should uninstall the app and then again install it from the Play Store or App Store. However, by filling in the correct login credentials you can access the app.
Instant Fixes To Resolve Gmail Not Loading Issues
Here is a list of instant fixes that you can apply for a particular issue, and can get rid of Gmail, not working issues. They are as follows:
1) IMAP Gmail is not working
Way-1 Check Network Strength
- Whenever IMAP Gmail is not working, then first of all check the Network Connectivity.
- To do this, you have to open the Gmail app.
- And click on Settings and then enable the Wi-Fi option to check the network connection.
Way-2 Either Add Or Remove Your Gmail Account
- Go to Settings and choose Mail-Contacts-Calendars.
- Hit the iDownloadBlog option and click on the Delete option.
- Or you can visit Settings and then click on the Add Account option.
- Choose the app and type the login credentials.
2) SMTP Gmail is not responding
- First of all, visit the Google Apps admin panel.
- Now click on the Security option and choose Basic Settings.
- However, you can also go to Settings and turn on the 5-step verification.
- If 2-step verification is turned on, click on the App Password page.
- After visiting this page, hit the Generate button and enter the password on the system.
3) Search option of Gmail not responding
- Firstly, visit the Accounts menu, click on the Sign-out option.
- Again login to your Gmail account.
4) Send button not responding
- While facing this type of issue, you can use another browser and then try to check the errors. However, if the problem still persists, then check for the updates as mentioned above.
5) Maybe Attachments not opening or working
- Firstly, you have to allow all the permissions with the help of the Padlock icon.
- Next, upgrade the Adobe Flash Player.
- Also, check for the other updates.
6) Oops! Gmail is not working on Chrome
- Also, check the Browser’s extensions. If that is the reason then start deactivating these extensions one by one.
- Wiping out the cache and cookies will also help you in fixing this issue.
- Use the standard version of Gmail that is Gmail HTML.
What Else If Gmail Is Still Not Working:
However, by implementing each above-mentioned method, you will resolve the Gmail Won’t Load problems. Moreover, you can also resolve various small hitches and obstacles by using these tips. If the same hurdle still appears while you work on Gmail, you should choose the advanced technical help of Gmail Support. For that, you should also approach a reliable entity.