Slow loading or sluggishness of Gmail can be an annoying and frustrating experience. Consequently, you become completely incapable of sending or receiving your emails. Also, your Gmail account doesn’t work according to your command. However, there might be numerous numbers of reasons which can cause Gmail Not Working problems. In this blog, you can get to know why is Gmail not working? And what are the troubleshooting steps to fix this problem? Now, let’s have a look!
Why is my Gmail not working?
Below are some causes due to which Gmail is not working. They are as follows:
- Your browser is not compatible enough.
- Keeping the storage capacity of your Gmail full.
- Your internet connection is unstable.
- Plug-ins are not actively working with Gmail.
- Loads of caches and cookies available in your web browser.
- Transient SMTP server settings errors.
Problems related to Gmail not working
- IMAP Gmail Not Responding.
- SMTP Gmail not working.
- Gmail Search and Send button is not working.
- Unable to open the Gmail Attachments as it is not working.
- Why is Gmail not opening in google chrome?
- Gmail filters not working.
- Or Gmail forgot password not working.
- However, you may encounter Gmail not syncing issues.
- Google not working.
- Sometimes, you may face a Gmail search not working problem.
So, these ones will let you know that your Gmail won’t load at all. To avoid getting a Gmail account not working, you should follow below troubleshooting tips.
Check Out The Advanced Troubleshooting Methods For Gmail Not Working Issue:
1) Internet Connection Must Be Stable:
A slow or unstable internet connection can cause a slow Gmail problem. Therefore, you should first:-
- Confirm connection by navigating to other websites.
- Run a speed test to assure that everything’s fine.
- Approach your internet service provider, if you have any issues with your connectivity.
2) Disable Google Hangouts Chat For The Time Being:
- Open the Gmail account and go to the ‘Setting’ option by clicking on the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Go to the ‘Chat’ section and opt for the ‘Chat Off’ option.
- Click on the ‘Save Changes’ option to disable Google hangouts.
3) Wipe Out Cookies From Your Web Browser (Google Chrome):
- Go to the ‘Google Chrome’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- At the bottom, look for the Show Advanced Settings, click on it.
- Select ‘Content settings’ from the ‘Privacy’ section.
- Now, click on the ‘All Cookies and Site Data’ available in the ‘Cookies’ section.
- Choose the ‘Remove all’ option to wipe out all cookies from your browser.
4) Consider Removing Filters
Gmail allows users to use filters for segregating incoming emails. However, having several files can be a common reason behind Gmail’s slow-down problems. To remove it you should follow the steps:
- On your first step, click the ‘Gear’ icon.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Open the ‘Filters and Blocked Addresses’ tab, as a result, you will come across all the filters.
- Check and if you find anything unnecessary, just delete such filters on the spot.
5) Disable Antivirus Actively Running On Your System:
- Locate the Antivirus icon you are using, on the taskbar.
- Opt for the ‘Disable’ option by right-clicking on it.
- Once you click, you will be able to exit the antivirus program.
6) Uninstall And Reinstall Web Browser:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu first.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ section.
- Click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Search for the browser you want to uninstall.
- Select the ‘Uninstall’ option by right-clicking on the web browser icon.
- Once done, give a restart to your PC.
- Again go to the setup file of the browser and install it.
Is Gmail Not Working on Android or iPhone?
Although if Gmail not working on iPhone or Android, then you can implement some basic methods. They are as follows:
- You must ensure the data usage has not been drained out.
- At regular intervals, it is recommended to update your app. You can update the app while visiting the Play Store(for Android users) or App Store(for iPhone users).
- In case if the above methods don’t work, then you should uninstall the app and then again install it from the Play Store or App Store. However, by filling in the correct login credentials you can access the app.
Instant Fixes To Resolve Gmail Not Loading Issues
Here is a list of instant fixes that you can apply for a particular issue, and can get rid of Gmail, not working issues. They are as follows:
1) IMAP Gmail is not working
Way-1 Check Network Strength
- Whenever IMAP Gmail is not working, then first of all check the Network Connectivity.
- To do this, you have to open the Gmail app.
- And click on Settings and then enable the Wi-Fi option to check the network connection.
Way-2 Either Add Or Remove Your Gmail Account
- Go to Settings and choose Mail-Contacts-Calendars.
- Hit the iDownloadBlog option and click on the Delete option.
- Or you can visit Settings and then click on the Add Account option.
- Choose the app and type the login credentials.
2) SMTP Gmail is not responding
- First of all, visit the Google Apps admin panel.
- Now click on the Security option and choose Basic Settings.
- However, you can also go to Settings and turn on the 5-step verification.
- If 2-step verification is turned on, click on the App Password page.
- After visiting this page, hit the Generate button and enter the password on the system.
3) Search option of Gmail not responding
- Firstly, visit the Accounts menu, click on the Sign-out option.
- Again login to your Gmail account.
4) Send button not responding
- While facing Gmail send button not responding issue, you can use another browser. And then try to check the errors. However, if the problem still persists, then check for the updates mentioned above.
5) Maybe Attachments not opening or working
- Firstly, you have to allow all the permissions with the help of the Padlock icon.
- Next, upgrade the Adobe Flash Player.
- Also, check for the other updates.
6) Oops! Gmail is not working on Chrome
- Also, check the Browser’s extensions. If that is the reason then start deactivating these extensions one by one.
- Wiping out the cache and cookies will also help you in fixing this issue.
- Use the standard version of Gmail that is Gmail HTML.
What to do if Gmail is not working?
However, by implementing each above-mentioned method, you will resolve the Gmail not working problems. Moreover, you can also resolve various small hitches and obstacles by using these tips. If the Gmail won’t load still appear while you work on Gmail, you should choose the advanced technical help of Gmail Support. For that, you should also approach a reliable entity.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. Why is my Gmail not working?
Gmail is considered one of the best email service providers, which offers tons of features. These features make emailing easy. However, there are many reasons due to which Gmail not working occurs. It may be due to an Internet issue, entering wrong login credentials, syncing issues, or using an outdated browser. You can troubleshoot for the above conditions and find out the exact cause of why Gmail is not working.
2. What to do if Gmail is not opening?
Don’t worry if your Gmail account isn’t opening. There are ways to log in again. All you have to do is, follow the below steps. This would help you to open a Gmail account quickly. Here are some steps by which you can fix Gmail not opening issue.
- Open gmail.com.
- Enter your username and password slowly and correctly.
- Do not leave any space between the alphabets in the username or password.
- In case, the above steps are not working then there is a possibility that you must have forgotten your password.
- Click on the forgot password option.
- This would allow you to set a new password. Note it down somewhere. This is how you can access your Gmail account.
3. Why can’t I log into my Gmail account?
You’re unable to login into your Gmail account as you must have provided the wrong information to Gmail. That is, there is a high possibility that you must have entered invalid credentials. Many people forget their password more than their username. Hence, again visit gmail.com. Enter your username and password correctly and note it somewhere. The next only option left is to click over the forgot password option. This would allow you to reset your password. Now, you can log in to your Gmail account.
4. How do I contact Gmail to reset my password?
You don’t have to contact anybody to reset your password initially. Try to retrieve it by yourself. You may wonder how? What is the way out? It is simple. For resetting your password, go to gmail.com. Initially, enter your username and password. While entering your password, see to it that the spellings are correct. In case, if this technique doesn’t work, click on the forgot password. The option of ‘forgot password’ is given below the password space. It is a link. Click on it. It will take you to a new page and it will ask for certain credentials. The credentials can be your email ID or phone number. An OTP will be sent and you can reset the password.