Enabling the secure transfer of email, Microsoft Outlook serves as the best email application provider in the world. With over 25 Million active users, Microsoft is trying to build a robust platform that is secure, easy-to-use, and better in every aspect than any other email service provider. However, in this expedition to make email communication better, just like other foes in the competition, Outlook- Email error codes create a barrier. Sometimes, when users try to send an email with their email account, Outlook email errors pop up on their system.
These errors appear due to the presence of some corrupt configuration issue in the Outlook email client application. But to troubleshoot the issue, we need much more information about the error. It is important to identify what causes Outlook email errors in order to resolve them.
To ease the process of resolving any Outlook email error, we have decided to come up with this blog that enlists some of the most common Microsoft outlook error messages, the reasons behind the occurrence of those issues, and ways to fix them. Once you have a good command over these errors, you will become a pro at solving Outlook Email Error Codes. So let us read further about them.
6 Common Outlook Email Errors & Codes
- Outlook 2016 Error – The attempted operation failed, an object could not be found / Object not found
- Error code 0x8004010F – Microsoft Outlook data file cannot be accessed
- MS Outlook sending and receiving reported error code 0x800CCC80
- Task reported Microsoft Outlook error code 0x8004210a
- MS Outlook Error code 8 says – Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server
- Outlook PST data file damage and corruption issues
Most of the errors stated above are slightly complicated to resolve and cause loss of data if not handled properly. So, if you are going to troubleshoot the Outlook email error on your own, it’s advised that you have complete knowledge of the error or seek assistance from the experts at Outlook support. They have an experienced team of professionals available around the clock to serve you with the support you need.
Ways to Fix Microsoft Outlook Email Error Codes
There are various types of Microsoft Outlook error messages that users witness while using their email account. Each of them has a different cause. Go through the errors given below one by one to be a pro at resolving Outlook email errors.
Outlook- Email Error Code 1:
Outlook Send Error: “The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found” or “Object not found”
Users encounter this error when they try sending an email from their Outlook email account. Few possible reasons and solutions to this issue are-
Reason 1: Your Outlook Profile is Corrupt
- Go to the Control Panel and move to the ‘Mail Setup’ option.
- Click on the Show Profiles options and press the Add button.
- Create a new Outlook profile and add it to your email account.
Try sending an email with your new Outlook email. We believe the problem will be resolved. If not, move to the next step.
Reason 2: Automatic SMTP Configuration is incorrect
Solution: Correct the outgoing SMTP server settings in MS Outlook. To know the correct details, reach the Outlook support team.
(Add the link to the blog. How to configure SMTP in outlook)
Outlook- Email Error Code 2:
Outlook email error message that says “Outlook data file cannot be accessed (error 8004010F)”.
Reason 1: Emails are being saved to the Wrong Location
Solution: If you are using multiple email account or data files, then it is possible that you may save Outlook emails to the wrong location. To resolve this Microsoft Outlook email error code, you need to follow these steps:
- At first, remove the Outlook data files from Account Settings.
- Then, go to the Data files list & add them back again.
Reason 2: Outlook Profile is Configured Incorrectly
Solution: There might be a reason why your existing data file is conflicting. Try creating an Outlook profile and add the existing data files.
Outlook- Email Error Code 3:
Outlook Sending & Receiving Reported Error 0x800CCC80
If you are facing these Outlook email errors every time you send or receive a message, it might be because of the following reasons.
Reason: Incorrect Configuration of Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- First, Go to the Outlook File option and click on Account Settings.
- Then in the next step, select your email account and click on More Settings
- Next, Click on Outlook Server settings.
- Make sure you click on the checkbox given in front of the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” option.
- Finally, click on the “Log on to incoming server before sending mail”.
Outlook- Email Error Code 4:
“Task Reported Outlook error 0x8004210a. The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving server.”
Loss of communication or delay in response can occur due to improper setup of a communication channel or network issue.
Reason: Slow Mail Server Connection
Solution: If you are facing this issue for a long time now then you need to increase your email server timeout duration. Follow the steps given below to resolve this particular Outlook email error.
- Visit the Outlook File and select the Account Settings option.
- In the next step, Double-click on your email account that is currently showing an error.
- Select More Settings, and move to the Advanced option.
- In the last step, increase the server timeout duration.
Outlook- Email Error Code 5:
“Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server” ( Error Code 8)
Few possible reasons that cause this Outlook email error are given below-
Reason (a): Updates on Windows Root Certificates is available
Solution: You might want to check the Windows Update and search for the updates to the Root Certificates list to resolve this error. Ensure that you download and install all the updates.
Microsoft Outlook serves as the best email provider to millions of users around the world but sometimes Outlook email errors seem to disappoint the users. Therefore, we are here to assist you to resolve every issue related to Outlook emailer error codes. Connect immediately with the experts available for you 24^7 and get your issues resolved. We assure you that Outlook issues will not create a hurdle for you anymore.